tank revamp.

i currently have a 40 gallon breeder with a canister filter a hot filter and a skimmer. im sick of seeing all the tubes and lines rAN everywhere! its not my style. i have no sump,partially because im scared of one flooding my apartment, my upstairs apartment! i have an extra 20 gallon siting here and im thinking of setting it up as a sump and hiding everything. we are also thinking of movvveing the aquarium to another part of the apartment where it will be a better permanent location. so around this time would be ideal for drilling nit for bulkheads and such.

surely someone can help to point me in the direction the drilling the tank is the part my g/f is scared of but i know they can be drilled. has anyone in eugene done it or can anyone in eugene help me. pretty much im looking for someone that can help me figure mout everything i will need to order and possibly help with install when time comes. of course beer and snacks would be available. im looking for like a month down the road. i want to get it to where all i have oiut on there tank is my light.i wana say this needs to be done on a budget but ie come to realize sometimes that not easy in this hobby. id prefer to order everything from one place so if someone wanted to help me do some shopping on http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/shop.cfm?c=3578 that would be awesome. there prices are good. and they have a lot. i just dont know what and how much of what i need.

im a noob when it comes to this part please help

ps if theres extra letters in here before words it cause my keyboard got mstepped on and types extra lettersDOH!

Hey Shawn, i drilled my 75gal previously. I put 5 holes in it with a 1" diamond holesaw. You should start there, finding the diamond tipped holesaw. They sell them on ebay for a good price. You'll need bulkheads also, Jerry's has the sched 80 ones but they are $$$$$!

Anyway, when you get to the point of drilling let me know. I'd love to come by and help ya out.

Miles

Shawn- I have two hole saws that you can use. You can pick them up when you come next weekend. One was used for a 1" bulkhead, and the other was for either a 2" or 1.5" (I don't remember off the top of my head)...

Remind me to measure the holes and we can go from there.

Then you would just need a way to return the saws to me. Maybe at a future meeting.

dsoz