Annual PNWMAS Summer BBQ 2008

JManrow

If you guys get a bus, I will handle the interior lighting. I envision all Actinic+ T5HO, and using moonlights to outline the walkways. I'd call the publications for a write up too...

I'll call Mark Levinson (melev) to get us in for "Bus of the Month" on Reef Central. lol :)

I believe that there is a gas issue and money concern and a issue with participation with schedules.

Idel minds can work tricks on people, and give us all kinds of fantasies to dream of.....LOL. That is a great thing.

It would be nice to have move then 50-60 people involved for events and even more for club meetings and functions.

We will oneday get to a point where that "could" happen, but more of a justification would be needed.

What a statement it would make to have a bus load of people take time out of there weekend to do a SOLV Beach Clean Up. Or, bring the masses from the metro to Eugene where southern, mountain and coastal people could meet for a 200 + person event. Or travel to areas in the state to rally together to get new participation in the hobby and put on a workshop.

Organization is going to take time, and to show all areas that they are just as important as the next.

It is too hard to do everything in one area, or from behind our computer screens.

Thanks you for the kind offer,

Kevin

It will happen Kevin. We have already had meetings of 60 or more when we met at homes in the past. We had about 75 at Krux's little apartment one year(a Christmas Party) ... he was almost evicted! lol

There were over 100 at Steve Weast's house when Steve Tyree was speaking.

We tried something different having meetings in LFS, and now it is time to move ahead. Be sure to ask for feedback and criticism (the good, and usually most helpful, the bad.) Be sure to always ask for suggestions when the seeming negative criticism is given. without it, it is just griping. :)

Speaking of SOLV, please take a look at the layout of this website of a very successful club. (not a reef club). http://sandlakeduners.com/forum/index.php Their SOLV Banner is always up, they have a nice forum section for it. There is also a clear and clean looking Chat link on the home page. I also agree with an earlier post in our forum that it would be more effective located at the top of the page.

So a bit of update on the Picnic. I believe that the evites are in progress. The club will provide the main dishes such as veggie burgers, hamburgers, hotdogs, polish dogs and will also provide drinks. The rest of you can bring a side dish or dessert...your place in the alphabet (last name) will determine which dish to bring.

We will have some entertainment....a trivia game, a pinata for the kids and perhaps some volleyball. As of now I have 8 different prizes to give away!

I am looking forward to this.

Thanks,

Kris

Side dishes and desserts will be Potluck. If your Last Name begins with letters A through M,please bring a Side Dish, if your Last Name begins with letters N through Z, please bring a Dessert!(hungry)

It should be a fun time for all! Everyone Is Welcome!(yahoo)

• 2 weeks later...

Please Respond To BBQ Evite!

(yahoo)Hey!!!!!(brick)(hitme)Be sure to let us know how many are planning on attending our 2008 PNWMAS Annual BBQ by responding to the Evite. If you did not receive an Evite and would like to receive them in your e-mail, send me your e-mail address in a PM and you will be notified of PNWMAS Meetings and Events!:D(rock2)

OK plan on being there! :D

But I deleted my evite and I need to change the number of people that will be attending...... I put down 3 but my kids will be down that weekend also.

So I need to change my number to 5! DOH!DOH!

So whomever is keeping count.......... there you go. Just wanted to let the powers that be know about it.

P.S. John- I'll work on those cookies for ya!!!!!!!! (whistle)(nutty)(clap)(laugh)(drooler)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy...we are getting close to this one!

Remember to register your RSVP via evite. If you have not received an evite, please let JManrow know and we will get you set up to receive our special invitations!

Once again, PNWMAS will be providing burgers (meat and veggie), dogs and sauages (brats I assume) plus drinks, flatware and tableware. We also will have a few games and a few prizes!

The rest is potluck style so bring:

Chips and dips

Fruit

Potatoe or Macaroni Salad

Pie

Cake

Cookies

Or whatever your little heart desires! We split the alphabet so A-M bring side dish and N-Z bring dessert!

Looking forward to fun, fun, fun...now lets pray for sun.

Kris

Pmd JManrow!

Never been to this park, so should be fun!

Sent you an Evite. Hope to see you there. It's right behind Tigard High School.

We are looking forward to it too.... it's our 24th Wedding Anniversary...

Constance says bring presents!(clap)(naughty)