just starting out would love some frags

fishiefish

anyone in the eugene area have any extra frags they want to donate(whistle) or sell for cheap:D not picky just want to start filling up my tank...thanks so much and when I frag I'll remember you.

-ashley

Let me know if you are in Vancouver area

Jay

yeah I heard that stuff goes crazy but I love to watch it pulse and move.....probably wont be going up there for alittle bit but when I do I'll contact you........thinking I'll hold back though starting to get some algae .doesnt look like a bloom but its definitly liking my glass any tips? does any one in the eugene area have any extra cheato they can spare?

well is it hardy? like zoolander said...I am experinceing some minor algae ...just dont want to introduce anything thats fragile into a less than perfect system.....thanks though I'd love to get some I even have a razor blade...let me know when a good time for you would be. -ashley 6543465

Ashley- Let me know if the Breefcase deal falls through, I may be able to help you out. Another member is coming up from Eugene next weekend, and he just may be able to take extra back for you. I'll be sure to send him home with plenty of stuff that he can share with you. Let me know.

Mark- Keep watching ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. When ammonia and nitrite are zero, then you are good to add a clean up crew (CUC) of snails, and if you want to add hermits. As nitrates go up, so does the algae. Then water changes to reduce the pollution of the cycle.

Depending on your rock, and how much die-off, you are looking at 2 weeks minimum, probably closer to a month or 6 weeks.

When your tank is done with it's cycle, I may have some xenia that I can give you. You just need to pick it up in Oregon City.

dsoz

k thanks dsoz that very generous of you. oh the frag is green with different ribbons of colre in the middle...some a bluish and some orange ....it got nocked over so when it fully opens I'll try to take a pick...I think there just regular zoas but I like them and I dont have much in my tank so ya know how it goes.......I need more patience

mark my tank was a established tank running for over a year and a half that I purchased from another member, i've had it going for a little while, I was able to salvage about 90 percent of the original water so I had a very small cycle. I think most of the algae problem came from lack of a bigger cuc and that the tank was in line with a window with no curtain...you could see areas where the sun had hit that were just cover in algae film.....but in not time flat my new cuc are making huge progress.....thanks hope that helps. when I had my 29 gallon I had one bigger cycle and then about a week later another small one....keep us updated on how your doing

but I like them

If you like it then that is all that matters. If everyone else says it is ugly, but you like it, then it should go in your tank. If everyone else thinks it is the greatest, but you think it is ugly, then keep it out.

My rules for putting something in my tank are

1. can I afford it?

2. Can I keep it without killing it?

3. Does it look good with what I have?

4. Do I have room for it without it stinging other things?

dsoz :)

thanks 1 and two is what I'm working on....trying not to kill anything .......I'm haveing a hard time finding stuff that my anemon like...tried silversides, or brine, and now i'm trying arcti pods...slightly expensive.....is he suposed to close up when he eats? he gets alittle smaller but doesnt close.

he is showing no signs of being unhappy but I know they are difficult to keep and he's just lovley and I would hate for him to waste away...any insight?

Any anemone should eat silversides. My sons rose would eat 3 to 4 at a time. If it is a smaller one just cut them up a little. And as far as closing they will close up a little when they eat then open back up. What type do you have?