help is anyone availible to come to spfd area to help set up?

fishiefish

hey okay so haveing problems with my plumbing and getting tank started have all parts that I think I need just cant put together the puzzle and slightly stressed out.

ashley 6543465 all fish are currently floating in bags I dont think I've lost anything yet.......(scary)

not in bags lost the trigger too and maybe the finger leather it kinda melted it was set next to a heater vent and I think it go to hot on the long drive unlike the rest of the bunch that I was fighting to keep the temp up. everything else seems okay I havent seen my wrasse though(...bad feeling in tummy surges) have to go to work will take care of plumbing when I get home. couldnt get the pump section that connects to the built in over flow down in to the sump to stop leaking..its leaking from the bulkhead and first threader.

already cycled and kept 80-85 percent of his water.......I am basicly going to have to redo plumbing again when I get home......I think I need to replace the one bulkhead does that sound logical? could it be that that is leaking? where sells bulkheads....ugg I knew it would be the plumbing cause it looked easier than I thought.

I know when I started my tank up the bulkhead leaked. Can it be from over-tightening it? They should be hand tight enough to set the seal. If they are over tight it pinches the gasket and then they can start to leak.

I did what many people do, but "they" (the experts) say not to do. I put some silicone caulk on the outside of the tank around the stem of the bulkhead. I really slathered it on and filled the void between the hole and the stem. Then I screwed on the outside nut so it was just a little bit tight. After the silicone cured it did not leak anymore from that area. They say not to do this because the silicone caulk may degrade the silicone gasket that is on the inside of the tank.

HTH

dsoz

thanks zoolander...but I couldnt find what I was looking for on it, its a built in overflow area in the corner of the tank with two bulkheads drilled in and two pipes one to drain and one to return. then I have to go from the underside of the bulkheads to the sump/refg and skimmer area...it shouldnt be so difficult I just cant stop the leaks....thanks dnoz...silicon caulk...hmm maybe getting that...tried threading plumber tape but I dont want to just tape the outside cause with my luck....something will happen.

no dont have another bulkhead yet my husband will be home in 40 min then I can go and get other stuff(bulkhead , saw blade for hacksaw) looking at it I think maybe I just need to redo the plumbing , but because of the tight quarters I'm going to need a hack saw to get the old undone.....just got home from work now..... seems to be looking okay. how do you tell if a finger leather is dead? its not comming back up or branching much....if you have a bulkhead I'll buy it off ya. the bulk head and plumbing is accsesble just my apartment is a fish product obstucle course, I'm in springfield off of laura st. close to the gateway mall. cell is 6543465 home is8441371