Flying fish...

pthoma79

OK, so my diamond goby jumped out of my tank this morning some time. BOOOOOOOOO.... (flame)

Anyways, I have eggcrate on top of the tank, and the hole in it are about 3/4 inch by 3/4 inch, so I guess he had pretty good aim. I really liked the job he was doing on the sand, and would like to get something similar. Would a lawnmower blenny do the same thing as far as jumping? Anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks

Nobody does as good a job at keeping sand looking sparkly clean like a diamond goby. I had one and my only qualm with him was that he stirred the sand too much. My rocks were perpetually covered in sand and my water was often cloudy. I only have a 30g tank, though, so it shows a lot easier.

Back to the topic, I have a prawn goby, and they are cool, but don't sift as heavy as a diamond. I have a bunch of hermits and nass snails that do a a great job keeping my sand white. Just the hermits walking around dragging their shells keeps the sand nice.

Blennys, to my knowledge, are herbivores are just "walk" along the rocks and trim algae. They won't do much about your sand.

Good Luck!