Eugene Kalk Group Buy?

Algae

Is anyone in the Eugene area interested in a group buy of food grade Kalk?

www.bulkfoods.com has food grade calcium hydroxide in 5 lb. lots for $6.93 each. They ship for free with a minimum $75.00 order (11 pieces) and a $4.95 handeling fee. That comes out to about $7.39 for 5 lbs. or $1.48 per lb.

I don't want to order more than a total of $100.00 (my wife hasn't found out how much I paid Nyles, yet (whistle).

I could use 2 or 3 myself. That would leave a minimum of 8-13, 5 lb. lots remaining.

I could order and you could pick-up at my house.

Interested?

I think you should check out Waves marine as well, they sell 5 gallon buckets of the stuff..... I will be there Wednesday next week and I am happy to pick up for you. Give him a call and see if what he has works, its what I use because its much easier to get local. Let me know if you decide to go that route, I think his prices are less too, I don't want to quote because I don't know if the price went up but its affordable for sure.

I'll give Joel at Waves a call this afternoon and post his prices. The photo @ Bulk Foods shows a jar, but it is the exact photo as the 1lb. jar. I'll try to get some more info.

I've heard of some powder parties with 500lbs. of Kalk being divied up. Ah, memories of Columbia...

And I was wondering why the police officer was so nervous when he saw 80 lbs. of white powder and Metal Halide fixtures in the back of my car?

The have been members here in the club pulled over with Kalk in the passenger seat.

I have no idea what the kalk weighs... I have about 1/2 a 5 gallon bucket left I could weigh it, but honestly, for as affordable as it is I just get from Joel. Advanced used to sell it and it was even cheaper, but.... that was last year. :(

I agree, Miles. I called up the website phone # to see if they had the kalk in stock and the packaging and only got a ringing phone and not even an answering machine on Friday. I checked the business and they are a part of a real storefront. I called up the sorefront number and got the same results(or lack-of). They have a true Visa merchant account, but I am not comfortable until I can get a person on the phone. I'll try again on Monday since they supposedly do a M-F schedule.

I would, truthfully give up on these guys, but I have never seen this good a price. I've done quite a bit of searching (A LOT), but this is the best by far until you start talking about huge orders.