tank raised clown fish trade for zoo or sps

sontdo

Clowns don't NEED an anemone to be in a tank. They will be healthy and happy without one... at least two of them will be.

Depending on the size of your tank (I don't remember what you have) you may get the largest two form a pair, and they will chase and beat up the smaller ones to death. Clowns are damsel fish, and damsel fish are some of the meanest ones around for their size (except maybe a 6-line). If your tank is larger than 500g (give or take a hundred) you may be able to keep more than one pair of clowns happy.

Get the clowns a frogspawn, torch, or hammer coral. Some clowns will happily host a coral that looks like an anemone. And the corals usually have much lower light and care needs than anemones. Also, corals don't go for walks like anemones do.

dsoz

If it is a 6 foot tank, there is a possibility that each pair can take up residence at either end... I don't have much experience with clowns in large tanks because I only have a 4 foot 75g. Maybe someone with a bigger tank can chime in.

I hope that they get along. Like I said, find a nice torch, hammer, or frogspawn and they may take to it like it is an anemone.

What kind of clowns are they? If they are the ocellaris (false percs) they tend to be a little more docile. True percs are reputed to be slightly more bully, and any other clown are supposed to be real jerks. But I would love to see a school of maroons. They are really pretty fish.

dsoz