Problem with my fly - Butterfly, that is.

Tat2d

I noticed yesterday morning that my copperband was very lethargic, had one gill clamped shut, and was breathing heavy through the other. So I decided to pull him out of the DT and put him in the 18 gal. tall I have running with just LR and LS in it. The fish practically swam into the net(not even what I expected, but I'll take it) This morning it looks about the same. Same spot in the tank, breathing heavy out of both glills now. Won't eat anything. No visible signs of disease I can see. It has been in the 120 for about two months, picking at the rock, looking fine. Still has'nt taken to my food, would rather pick through the LR. I do put a live clam in once in a while and it does eat some of that, as well as picking at mysid once in a while. It is VERY skinny, so all I can think is malnutrition, leading to some sort of infection. Are gill flukes visible? One of the LFS owners said to QT, and treat with a combo of nitrofurazone and coppersafe. Sound right? I'm just not sure about treating for something I'm not completely sure of. Any advice would be great! I'm getting the 10 set up this morning, and will wait to hear from someone before I add meds.

So much for going to the meeting today, had to go buy a 10 gal qt, meds, and the other stuff to treat this guy(sad)

Such is reefin'

Bobby

The rock in my 18 has a couple of small aptasia and LOTS of tubeworms. I figured he'd go nuts in there. I even put a piece of raw shrimp.......nuthin'. I'm going to get a live clam today, he seems to love those. Went ahead and dosed the meds after reading all the directions, seems like a reasonable course of action at this point.

Thank goodness none of the other fish in the display seem to be affected Probably cause they eat their vitamins(laugh)

Keep your fingers crossed, I'll keep ya posted.

And have fun at the meeting for me everyone. Say hi to Ryan for me.

Bobby

It looked healthy when I got it. I purchased it for aptasia control, and tried to get it onto other foods. Never did eat anything but the clams and whatever it could get off the LR . Wouldnt touch anything I offered it today. Looking worse, but hanging on. It's not in the 18 gal with the LR anymore. Didn't want copper in there so I got a 10 gal. running with water from the 18 gal. to treat in. I'll be surprised if it makes it through the night

On the upside, none of the other fish are acting strange. Ate like pigs tonight:D

We'll see what morning brings.

Bobby

If he will pick at the clam you put, try this... Put a cube of frozen mysis shrimp in the empty steamer clam shell. Once he get use to eating from there, then you can try hand feeding him. Mine will eat almost anything now, but I still have to hand feed him. If I just dump food in my tank, his too slow to compete with my 3 blue tangs and 5 lyrtail athenis.

Well, I got up this morning and he didn't make it. I should have known better, they have a reputation for this. Hate to lose one of my buddies though.

(Knocking on wood) At least no other fish seem affected.

Thanks all.

Bobby