Oceanic 30g Cube setup

chewie

I'm almost ready to set up my 90g, so my 30g is for sale.

Details: The tank is set up to be anemone proof (no closed loops, or powerheads)

I drilled a hole in the upper corner and attached an overflow box(black) for the sump drain. So I would consider it reef-ready. The overflow does not gurgle. It has a external durso pipe for silencing. The back of the tank is painted black.

The stand is the original one that I bought with the tank. It has a tinted glass door. Light maple color.

I had a sump custom made for the stand. I think it is 18" x 18" x 16" tall. It has a filter sock holder, and a good sized compartment for a skimmer. I have ran multiple different skimmers in this sump. Never had a problem with micro bubbles either. There is also a float valve for topoff.

There is a Mag 9.5 for the return pump, which is hooked up to a SCWD , and 2 LOC-LINE outputs in the tank which cycle about every 10 seconds.

I also have a 150w heater for the sump, which was only needed for 2 months in the winter.

This tank ran very well and had good flow with just the return pump, I never had an anemone get caught in the overflow either.

I hand made a canopy to accommodate for MH lighting. The whole front of the canopy is on a hinge so you can just lift it up, and you can easily access anything in the tank. It looks hand made, but it is definitely presentable.

The canopy has 2 36w PC actinics(the only ones that will fit on a 20" wide tank). It also has a 250w MH setup with a Reeflux 12k bulb. All bulbs were replaced 5 months ago, and have plenty of life left. The MH reflector is a spider reflector(gull wing style). There is also a 6" fan for cooling. I ran this all summer long and my temperature never exceeded 82 degrees.

I want $550 for the setup.

I may consider parting out if I can get some reasonable offers. I can also add items too. I'm not real intent on selling my euroreef skimmer with it, but for the right price I may. I can also add some nice live rock for $3 per lb.

Will try to get some pics up too, but I need to borrow a camera. Mine is broken.

Thanks!

Well, I have had alot of tire-kickers, but nothing solid. I also have an optional lighting setup.

You can do the setup above with MH/PC actinics for $550, or downgrade on the lighting a little bit. I have an Orbit 2x40w PC fixture that fits perfect on this tank.

Without the MH setup and with the PC Orbit fixture I can do $400

So $550 with MH.

$400 with PC.