AOL Hell

H20cooled

Yep! It just goes a long with what I've always said' date=' friends don't let friends use AOL...[/quote']

Now that is the truth! I remember we tried it out way back when they were new to the scene. Needless to say, we never stayed with them beyond the free trial period!

Sometimes I truly question the quality of my life before the internet. Such a wonderful and powerful tool to have available at my fingertips! Jay and I were just discussing this yesterday in fact!

Stacy

There was a time... though I'm hanging my head as I admit it... that I used the "free" hours when I was waiting for my DSL installation at a new address. I went through a similar conversation when I cancelled. It took 4 or 5 very clear and very pointed repetitions of "I WANT TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT" before they finally let me do it.

I can see asking once or twice in an effort to keep a customer and make sure they are aware of your services. But when your product really doesn't offer anything to start with, and at an inflated price, pissing off people will get you nowhere. Offer me a free month and maybe I'll think about it. Refuse to work with people and you'll lose twice as many by word of mouth. IMO

I've been with AOL since 1997. I endure the monthly fee although I use cox cable. I keep the account because I have so much time with one address through 4 colleges, 3 ISP's and 9 years. When I cancel, I think I will just let my account lapse, and not have to even pick up the phone.