• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

It's pretty hard to sum up.

Issue 9 (they don't charge for new content) is coming up soon, they usually have free trial codes when they do. I could get you one.

You can download the client for free, and test it for 2 weeks. If you like it, then you just sign up for the billing. As an FYI, there's some unique minor powers ( a 30 second jet back - which is awesome when you're low level and trying to get across an ugly zone, some costume items, and some other stuff if you buy the DVD and the one expansion pack).

One thing, travel is usually pretty quick, more than 5 minutes to get to a mission door is unusual. One zone, The Hollows, has critters higher than you that you have to bypass to get to doors. On the Virtue server (other servers are Guardian, Freedom, Liberty, etc.) there's a group called the Taxi Bots who will teleport you around for free, as a public service.

I played City of Heroes years ago (my first commercial MMO) and I really liked it for a while. The lack of trade skills and the experience point debt system killed it for me but for the first several months it was a hoot. Super Jumping around a zone is just a pile of fun :)

can I play these games with a 4 year old laptop?

And have anything close to the intended experience? Probably not.

You might technically be able to get them to run, but they'll not look good or play well.

Things have really changed in the last year and a quarter that I've been playing. I9 adds the Invention system and starts to bring an economy into the game. There's a bunch of new zone, new powers, arcs, enemies, etc.

I still like Villains more than Heroes... :D Though one arc is down EVIL. The funny part is, you spend something like 3/4 of your time fighting other NPC villain groups.

I upgrade my home PC about every 2 years and it only costs me about 300 bucks. New MB, new RAM, new processor, and you can get by upgrading video cards about every 30 months. Usually you can reuse drives, cases, monitors, mouse, fans, etc. I reuse everything i can, but all in all it usually costs 300 or less.

I just bought Guitar Hero for the PS2... I'm taking ibuprofin for the resulting sore arm, the game is an absolute blast. Played it with my daughter last night and was amazed when I looked up and saw it was midnight. I haven't lost track of time like that since the first few weeks of WoW.

Checking back in.....for all you WOW addicts...I'm on Duskwood

Lvl 70 NE hunter - Fenmere (what a shocker!)

Lvl 66 human priest

Officer in a new guild.

Don't play anything else....and yes i'm an addict and will stay that way until something better comes along

Checking back in.....for all you WOW addicts...I'm on Duskwood

Lvl 70 NE hunter - Fenmere (what a shocker!)

Lvl 66 human priest

Officer in a new guild.

Don't play anything else....and yes i'm an addict and will stay that way until something better comes along

City of Villains :: cough-cough :: City of Villains ;)

In case anyone plays...

on Virtue I'm:

Biomekanic (shocking, I know)

General Des'Array (no, it is not a SouthPark reference)

Oroborous

.Spectrum

-Spectrum

Godwin Odinkirk

Headsplitter

Oroborous.

Narakur the Defiant

and

Narakur the Redeemed

• 1 month later...

Heh, tonight the wife and I are going out to the movies... 28 Weeks Later.

I might be on for a little around 6 or so. I play on the Virtue server, my global ID is @Oroborous. the way you send a global message is (iirc) /tell, @oroborous

that should send me a message