World of Warcraft

impur

I've got a couple 40s hunters on Elune, one tauren one Dwarf that I took engineering with, those bombs help quite a bit with soloing but are a huge money sink. My wife and I have been playing some on Dark Iron with the Penny Arcade webcomic alliance guilds, they're fighting the Cnt-alt-del horde guilds all the time and have some great guilds going.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice! So you are doing PvP then? I haven't tried that yet, although i get challenged everytime i play. Good to know on the cloth armor, i can sure make some $$$ selling all the chain/metal armor i find.

I've been concentrating on my warlock, up to lvl 10 now. Not sure i like my other char, a night elf warrior. I'm more into the casting chars. I hope she can be a decent tank though, so i'll lvl her up this weekend and see how it goes.

Ok so i was checking out my available talents. I had 1 point. I clicked on a talent i don't necessarily want. Am i screwed or can i get it back? Is there only a certain amount of talent points you get in the game or can i make this one up at some point?

Ok wait....do i have to get the first few talents to get to the higher talents anyway?

Once spent, talent points can only be returned by 're-speccing' your character. You pay your class trainer a fee (starts cheap, gets more xpensive the more you do it -- though it will start to drop if you go a while without re-speccing) to get all your talent points returned so you can rebuild.

A lot of people plan their talents ahead of time. Check out the Blizzard Talent Calculator

There aren't any free WoW servers I know of. Blizzard really cracked down on the free BnetD servers (open-source Battlenet services) through legal channels; WoW is much more complex and higher profile than Battlenet, so I doubt there is anything free there at all.

I know some people who play Guild Wars (which has free monthly play), but it really is a different kind of game all-together. Might be worth checking out though...

^You can get deals on the monthly fee, i think amazon has a 2 month sub. for 22 bucks or something. Guild wars is completely different, its almost impossible to solo in that game. I'm up to lvl 14 and just can't get any farther in the game, its more of a Team/Guild game. WoW is awesome though, i've been playing on the free 30day sub and loving it. I'm gonna guy another 2 months so i can try out some PvP.

i have a 10 day (maybe it's a week) free trial. havent decided to activate it yet....

I'm gonna guy another 2 months so i can try out some PvP.

i heard you can buy wow prepaid cards... are those what your talkin about?...know where to get them.?..

i would be cool if u could do offline play to practice........i need to i guess and stop being a tight a$@ and just pay ...

hey my sons birthday is on wednesday(scratch) ....maybe ill get it for him ...lol kill to birds with one stone...DOH!

i would be cool if u could do offline play to practice........i need to i guess and stop being a tight a$@ and just pay ...

hey my sons birthday is on wednesday(scratch) ....maybe ill get it for him ...lol kill to birds with one stone...DOH!

Careful! I started out that way, now I have 3 accounts -- one for each of us (nutty)

• 6 months later...
Don't do it!

I should have listened! Now that we have a computer that can run it, I grabbed the trial disk of WoW... and wow! Is it fun! Course, I keep getting dead and having to take that long walk back to my carcass. I may very well have to buy the full version now. Course, maybe in nine days I'll get ticked off and say forget it! My paladin is a bit of a wussy at this point (level 9). (sad)

I think I get the prize for bumping the oldest thread! (clap)

What server you on? And whats your chars name? Maybe we can get a game sometime!

I'm using "Shandris" and the character's name is "Kalindaa." It's the name I used to use for my paladin back in the 80s when I played D&D. Why do I suddenly feel like an uber-nerd? (whistle)

Now, if I can just get my onboard ethernet to stop fizzling out, that would be great. I told Jay that there was no way he would be able to build a new computer without something going amiss. I keep having to reinstall the ethernet drivers to get it to work again. Weird!

I keep having to reinstall the ethernet drivers to get it to work again. Weird!

Go to the chipset mfg. and get the latest network drivers, IE viatech.com, sis.com, or nvidia.com, depending on which mfg. chipset you have. Check the motherboard manual for which chipset is installed.

I will get Jay on that, Ron. It would be nice to not have to get an ethernet card to see if that's the problem or not. I think he just went to Asus, but I could be wrong.

I thought about trying Guild Wars, but I think Miles is the one who said it's tough to play solo. I haven't joined any groups, just playing on my own. Though if someone looks like they need a shot of health, I give them some help. It's amusing, all of the spells being cast on you by other players. It's like Christmas every time I play.

We're a little late to the party, aren't we, Roy? But hey, better late than never, right? ;)