World of Warcraft

impur

I know there was a thread where we talked about this game but i can't find it. Anyway, i picked up the game for $19.99 at Circuit City last night and wanted to see who else who else plays it currently. Maybe we could get a clan going.

I have wanted the game for quite some time, but the monthly fee kept me from buying it. Well for 20 bucks and a free 30days of playing, i figured it is definately worth it.

Miles

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I played my warlock over the weekend for awhile, up to lvl 8. This game is more fun than Guild Wars, much easier to play solo. Although everytime i die i have a LONG walk to get my corpse, so that sux. I'm open to starting a new char on a diff server, currently i'm on Ariel Peak or something.

Two gathering professions are the best moneymakers until level 40 or so. Skinning/Herbalism is a good combination. Mining/Herbalism is probably the best, but since you can only have your 'radar' set to one or the other it is probably best left alone until you are experienced enough with the zones to know from memory where the mining spawns are.

At level 40, dump skinning and switch to Alchemy. Herbalism/Alchemy is probably the only combo that remains desirable all the way through endgame. Enchanting and Engineering can be fun, but are huge money sinks. Very, VERY few people make one red cent from Enchanting -- the cost of advancing it and buying recipes makes overall system profit very difficult. Engineering is fun, particularly for PvP. Leatherworking and Blacksmithing have a few nice bits, but overall you'll get better gear from drops or the Auction House.

Just my experience, YMMV.

Awesome, thanks for the info. So you can change later on in the game then? Just have to pay the cost of the training again?

Also, currently i can only wear cloth. Is this because my char can only wear cloth? Or do i just need to get farther in the game to wear leather/chain armor?? I'm an undead warlock BTW.

Your secondary skills are retrainable for free. You can drop and add them at will, you just lose all progress and start over from zero each time. Fishing, Cooking and First Aid are all freebies, you get all three independantly of the secondary skills. It is when you respec your character (change your talents and class skills/spells) that you have to pay gold.

As a Warlock (goob job choosing Horde, by the way ;) ) you will always be limited to cloth armor. It's only the melee and hybrid classes that get to improve their category of armor as they rise in level. Good luck, have fun and feel free to fire any questions my way.