Chief

All Officer positions were uncontested.

Your 2006-2007 PNWMAS Officers are:

President Jay (Chief) also webmaster

Vice President Bob (Lowman) also librarian

Secretary Stacy (spayne) also forum admin

Treasurer Ryan (R-3)

Vendor Relations Michael (Michael7979)

The board of directors will be voted upon by the governing body at the June Meeting.

Jay

congratulations everybody.....i was a close ,but i think we pick the best people for the job....:D ...

the nonfunny thing is thats how some people get elected for positions in the real word...thats scary.(scary) one question...whats the board of directors do?

congratulations again

Reynaldo

The board of directors are required to attend most of the Board Meetings with the Officers.

The board has the right to vote on all issues.

Board members can be part of a committee.

Board members can also take on a club resposibility, like the club library.

The most important responsiblitity of a board member is to speak for the membership.

I hope I answered your question.

Jay

can u clarify......thank again

I want to have the most diverse group of people on the board. If everyone thought like I do, then things would always go my way. With a diverse group of people we have a better chance to do what is in the best interest of the club. I am not always right, neither is any one person, but 10 of us might get close to the best solution.

Jay

The board and officers met tonight (I will be getting minutes up very soon) and it was decided that David (Barelycuda), Rich (H20cooled) and Roy (rmhuntley) will be joining Roger (Mr S) and John (JManrow) on the board of directors! Congrats to our newest additions! (clap)

Stacy

I want to have the most diverse group of people on the board. If everyone thought like I do, then things would always go my way. With a diverse group of people we have a better chance to do what is in the best interest of the club. I am not always right, neither is any one person, but 10 of us might get close to the best solution.

Jay

I agree, thats why I find it interesting the club voted to disallow sponsors to participate considering an important "other side of things" feed back that could be provided. Reason I bring it up is not just me, but sounds like R2 also was interested in participating.

Im not looking to change the vote that was already done, just commenting.

I'm sure we could put that on the ballot again at the next formal elections and see if the members have changed their minds. But even though it was mandated that sponsors can't serve on the board, there is absolutely no reason why every one of you can't contact us with suggestions and concerns. Heck, I encourage you to! All members should feel free to come to any of the officers or board members with their insights. We have an open door policy. Granted, not all suggestion can be utilized... but we certainly want to hear them! The club belongs to all of us. Not just the officers and the board members.

To summarize... speak and be heard! Send a PM and let us know what you're thinking! It takes a village to raise a club. ;)

Stacy

My devious little mind was already contemplating having the Sponsors join us in a future Board Meeting Chat to discuss the Sponsor side of things. We need to know what your concerns are. We can all work together to make this club great. I enjoy every perspective I can get. Maybe in the future Sponsors will be able to take a board seat, but for now we will call on you when we feel that we need your perspective. Like Stacy said, we have an open door policy and we look forward to many great years with all of our Sponsors.

Jay

I agree, thats why I find it interesting the club voted to disallow sponsors to participate considering an important "other side of things" feed back that could be provided. Reason I bring it up is not just me, but sounds like R2 also was interested in participating.

Im not looking to change the vote that was already done, just commenting.

I think it is lame and do not see the piont in sponsors not being able to be included...they may have more information that we could not even think of considering they do this everyday and it is their livelyhood...I think they would be most beneficail to have them be inlcuded in the meetings and possibly work side by side with who is in office now. just my 2 cents.

We should vote on it again,so there are no hard feelings from the sponsers.But we should bear in mind that they make their living off of us. Without the hobbyist they wouldn't be in business. And without the LFS's we would have to trade amongst ourselves or order off the internet.

I'm not trying to start a fight here,I'm just pointing out some facts.

We should vote on it again,so there are no hard feelings from the sponsers.But we should bear in mind that they make their living off of us. Without the hobbyist they wouldn't be in business. And without the LFS's we would have to trade amongst ourselves or order off the internet.

I'm not trying to start a fight here,I'm just pointing out some facts.

ok...so what does that matter about them not being able to be in office in some form or another? I think that is why they would be a very good choice to be in office.

It's a conflict of interest to have a for profit entity serve in a position in a non-profit organization. This is compounded by the for profit entity having it's business in the very field the non-profit is.

The vote is the best idea. I just like being the devils advocate.

This can certainly be added to next years elections, but as of now the board of directors have been chosen and are happily in their roles. So an immediate vote on this issue seems somewhat without merit. Let me repeat that... immediate vote. This should be voted on again at the next election as it does seem to strike a nerve with some members. So everyone, put the torches and pitchforks away! (torch)

There is absolutely no reason why any member or sponsor cannot come to us with their issues. We want to hear input from each and every one of you. Just because you're not on the board or not an officer doesn't mean that you don't have a voice in this club. You don't even have to be a card-carrying member to contact any of the officers or board members with ideas for that matter! We will listen to what you have to say and bring it to the board for consideration. That is what we're here for. We're here to ensure the continuing success of this club and all members and sponsors. Honestly, we are trying to do what is in the best interests for the entire club. It may not please every single person, but we all know that is impossible to make everyone happy. That won't stop us from trying though.

I would like to think that the sponsors accept the voting results and know that they are a very important part of our team. And again, sponsors can come to us with suggestions or issues! That whole "open door policy" thing? Don't be shy! We all need to learn to be proactive, not reactive.

I'm about to order a meeting where every single person shows up for a group hug and obligatory "I love you, man!" Let's all just get along, eh? Just kidding! Well, no... I'm not kidding. Get along everybody! No squabbles, no grousing! (laugh)

Now, I have to feed my lizard. He's looking at me and licking his chops! (scary)

Stacy