multiple threads in selling forum

JeffP

Can a new rule be created which limits the number of threads one can have running in the FS/FT forums? seeing the same person list 4+ threads in short order each selling one thing is a bit much. Even worse is the daily bumps to the top when the thread is only part way down the front page. Seems excessively cluttered IMO.

Can a new rule be created which limits the number of threads one can have running in the FS/FT forums? seeing the same person list 4+ threads in short order each selling one thing is a bit much. Even worse is the daily bumps to the top when the thread is only part way down the front page. Seems excessively cluttered IMO.

Man Jeff you are just complaining about everything :) Bad weekend? Later Ryan

Man Jeff you are just complaining about everything :) Bad weekend? Later Ryan

Hay are you just stirring the pot(whistle) Bad weekend or not I think there is some valdity to this. I have thought about his statment many times while going through the the classifieds.

I would be happy to look into it for you. Regulating it could be time consuming.

Jay

I find some other forums just ask you to not bump more then once a day. Coming from a viewpoint where I sell a ton of stuff on here, one thread with lots of stuff just gets cluttered and confusing for everyone. If I list individual threads things sell quick and easy without any clutter or complications.

I would be happy to look into it for you. Regulating it could be time consuming.

Jay

Ideally people should self moderate. I am a mod on a very active forum (nearly 70k members) and our classified section rarely needs policing. Once rules are set and people read them, they tend to abide. Those that don't get locked quickly thanks to the "report this post" function. Single threads with lots of things CAN work, but that also means that as the thread owner you need to moderate your own thread - cleaning things up as required, and when things get too cluttered, deleting that thread and starting a new one.

And thanks Ryan for the threadcrap.

Ideally people should self moderate.

Single threads with lots of things CAN work, but that also means that as the thread owner you need to moderate your own thread - cleaning things up as required, and when things get too cluttered, deleting that thread and starting a new one.

That's the way it should be.

Ideally people should self moderate. I am a mod on a very active forum (nearly 70k members) and our classified section rarely needs policing. Once rules are set and people read them, they tend to abide. Those that don't get locked quickly thanks to the "report this post" function. Single threads with lots of things CAN work, but that also means that as the thread owner you need to moderate your own thread - cleaning things up as required, and when things get too cluttered, deleting that thread and starting a new one.

And thanks Ryan for the threadcrap.

I definately agree with the self-moderation part. We should try it in the other parts of forums also. Thanks

Any word on this??

Jeff,

If you could write down something I could add to the Classified section rules, that would help a lot. I have too many irons in the fire right now to get to this and I do not want to word it improperly.

Thanks for the help.

Jay

This was taken from possibly the greatest private forum with the best selling forum ive ever seen... Just a start btw.

1. None of us take any responsibility for ANY transactions that take place here. If you don't get the item you paid for, that is your problem. If you get an item you paid for and it is broken, that is your problem. If somebody does not pay you money they owe you, that is your problem. We simply do not have the time, resources, money, or know-how to investigate every so-called "fraudulant" transaction here. You are using this forum at your own risk.

2. Do NOT start a thread selling something that you don't plan on selling. If you create some bull**** thread like "SELLING MY LOVE!", then you will be banned for being a goddamn moron. Do not start a thread to sell items "for a friend" either.

3. If you want to ensure a safe transaction, use http://www.escrow.com/ , a site which makes sure both buyer and seller are protected.

4. There is NO way for us to determine if PERSON A or PERSON B was ripped off during a sale between the two. It's simply one person's word against another's, so we are unable to conclusively determine who's lying. As a result, do NOT complain to the mods about somebody ripping you off because we have no way to figure out if you or the other person are telling the truth.

5. Once a transaction has been successfully completed, lock the thread (use the "close thread" feature on the bottom right of the forum)

6. NO ILLEGAL ITEMS MAY BE SOLD! This includes guns, drugs, warez, murder squads, various other obviously illegal ****.

7. Please do not reply to threads with links to places where you can find what the seller is selling cheaper. I.e. if someone is selling a game, don't reply to thier thread with a link saying people can find the game cheaper there. If you feel the need to tell this person they are asking too much, contact them OFF the forums and they can decide if they want to lower the price.

8. Do not deal with anyone that hasn't posted in your thread. IE: if you get emails or aimed about an item, make sure that you have them post in your thread. If they don't and something goes wrong it makes it very difficult to take any action against them.

9. Do not bump your thread more than three times. After that there is more than likely no one interested and you're just bumping other threads off the first page. In addition to that DO NOT bump other peoples threads (inquiring about the original post is ok, just as long as you don't just say "bump!"). If they want their thread bumped they can do it themselves.

Q: What was the link to the currency converter?

A: Here and here

The three bump rule is good - but also how about limiting a bump to only of your thread has dropped to the 2nd page? It's not as if this forum is super large and active that threads get buried that quickly.

I doubt I'd be able to spare the time to write something official up (isn't that up to club officials anyway? ;)) but I'd be willing to offer my advice on what I've seen work in the past (and have already voiced in this thread.)

2. ...then you will be banned for being a ******** moron...

LOL!!!!

3. If you want to ensure a safe transaction, use http://www.escrow.com/ , a site which makes sure both buyer and seller are protected.

?!?!? I thought that that kind of protection was only needed for selling houses, and for dates....

Nice rules BTW. Lawyers should take lessons on how to talk this plainly.