My 55+ Gallon Money Pit

andy

I dont know is it my frag(whistle) If so sweet looking(rock2)

Shoot when I get the time to get Trevors fish will have a bunch of stuff to pick from. Need to get them out as they are getting pissy. The Kole loves to go after my Lawnmower nowDOH!

Also the clam looks happy.

Sweet will have to get together soon. So I better get movingDOH!

Yeah I would be pissed to if someone cut me up(laugh) Some of mine that I fragged are pissed to and it is making me pissed(flame) Had a nice colony and cut it now it is all closed and not happy. Sad thing is have not seen any frags of it around hereDOH!

• 4 weeks later...

I downgraded to 150W Phoenix 14K HQI -- the 250s were just too much for my 18" deep tank IMO.

The Radiums run bluer on the Galaxy than they would on an HQI ballast. Really, they were a little too blue for my tastes (another, lesser reason for my bulb change). I prefer a slightly whiter color. If I were to run Radiums again, it'd be on a Blue Wave.

I think that'll be one very blue tank :) What coloration are you going for? With the Galaxy, I'd suggest maybe the XM15K bulbs (Mrgreenthumb is running them and they look sweet) or the Reeflux 12K bulbs (Trever has my old Galaxy/Reeflux combo, I imagine he wouldn't mind showing them to you...).

I am just looking for something that doesn't bleach out my corals. Everything under my T-5's loses it's color or the color fades. Like reds fade to pink or orange. The bulb recommendation came from Isaac. It is what he runs at home, and in the tank to the right of his front door of his shop. It is blue but he says with the white actinic it evens out.

Thanks Shane. I've kept the 'plain' variety before, but they've always ended up as carpet-surfing cat-snacks. This purple guy seems a bit less skittish, and also seems to prefer the bottom third of the tank. The vanilla ones all wanted to be in the top third.

Removing the Flame Angel was a good decision. Trachyphylia and acans are doing great (not getting picked at is clearly *good* for LPS) and I'm now seeing daytime PE on the SPS (not getting picked at is also, clearly, good for SPS).

Celebrated with an Acropora loripes frag from Upscales. Travis has a good selection of higher-end SPS frags in the front display tank... I could'a spent a fortune. Unfortunately, I don't have even a fraction of a fortune so I had to settle for one frag. I really like the rounded look of the loripes, it's like a lokani with a donut habit... explains my affection (laugh)

n1193055379_30329468_6190.jpg