My new 330g tank arrived today! :)

ringwurm

My ballasts are a strange mixture.

400w 20k XM --> Older Magnetic PFO

400w 20k XM --> Electronic BlueLine

400w 10k EVC --> Electronic EVC

Hey what ever works and gets you to where you need to be on the budget you have...Cause we all know that if we had the money we would have tanks that you could dive in with ballasts that created light brighter then the sun :)

Here are a few pics I took tonight as I was adding more coral. Most of the coral from the old tank has finally made it into the new one. I also have the hood hoist hooked up and working. I used several pulleys and coated wire which is hooked up to a screw drive hoist. If I need to do some work I can lift the canopy up several feet which allows me access to the entire tank. :)

Canopy and Cables

IMG_3376.jpg

Raising the Canopy

IMG_3372.jpg

More coral finally made it into the tank

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

Greg

Can you slow that wavemaker down or is that the speed it has to be for your sized tank?

Good lookin setup, I would check out using Radiums instead of XM, I think you'll find them to be better. They have a new price tag now for everyone (not just waves I mean) so its not quite as painful....

• 1 month later...

The tank has been doing so-so. I've had a bunch of coral RTN on me for unknown reasons. I ended up testing my boron levels and they were 17ppm! ouch. I'm in the process of switching salts which appears to be helping. I'm also dosing magnesium since my levels were a bit low.

Here are a few updated pictures of the setup.

The new tanks are setup and ready for plumbing.

IMG_3499-2006.09.25-20.20.03.jpg

Existing frag tank. I still have a few chunks of rock in the tank that I will be moving into the main display.

IMG_3501-2006.09.25-20.20.34.jpg

I've now taken over a whole stall in the garage. lol. My wife is thrilled. I'm going to encase the whole area in pvc/plastic like a greenhouse when the weather starts to cool down.

IMG_3502-2006.09.25-20.20.49.jpg

The kalk reactor is finally up and running. It is cycling for 10 min every 3 hrs. If you ever get a chance to buy a aquarium controller look at the neptune AC3. It is extremely easy to use and is rock solid. Coding the pump to cycle is one simple line in the program.

IMG_3515-2006.09.25-20.22.01.jpg

I moved the calc reator off the floor so the kalk reactor doesn't get lonely. Actually the main reason is to keep the sump splatter off the co2 tank. The only downside was I needed a bigger feed pump to get the water up to the reactor.

IMG_3517-2006.09.25-20.25.55.jpg

I have a new shelf for the phyto and rotifer cultures to live. I also hooked up a utility sink so I don't have to go back and forth to the utility room when i need to use the sink.

IMG_3518-2006.09.25-20.30.06.jpg

I even took time to organize my test kits. lol

IMG_3520-2006.09.25-20.32.24.jpg

Greg

Ryan from Advanced hooked me up with some magnesium to dose and also scored me a small frag of some baby blue digi he had. Thanks Ryan!

IMG_34731-2006.09.25-20.57.18.jpg

I also picked up a new colony from Coral Reef Pet center this weekend. The store is looking good. I'll try to get another pic once it adjusts to the new tank.

IMG_3480-2006.09.25-20.56.34.jpg

Greg