My new 330g tank arrived today! :)

ringwurm

SoCalCreations built a new tank (70 x 36 x 30) for me and it is finally here! I borrowed my friends truck to pick it up from the freight yard and the forklift driver hit his truck with the pallet! One accident report later we made it back home with a few guys to muscle it out of the truck.

It was neatly packed away in a crate with several layers of foam to protect it.

IMG_2822.jpg

My daughter and wife checking it out.

IMG_2823.jpg

Once we removed the wood it wasn't too heavy. It took 4 guys to waddle it into the house. I'm still waiting on the steel stand but it shouldn't be too much longer.

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

Greg :)

• 1 month later...

Update-

My buddy finished the steel stand and it turned out really nice. So nice I decided to keep it exposed for all to see.

IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

I ended up getting a little over 200 lbs of base rock from reefer rocks to go along with my existing 150 lb of live rock. I was able to drill a few of the rocks to make some arch ways and overhangs.

IMG_3074.jpg

Arch

IMG_3081.jpg

The final placement was fairly close to my original design. As you can see below my canopy is not finished yet so I'm having to temporarily use my old one to provide some much needed light. Most of my coral is still out in the frag tank and will be moved later this week.

IMG_3206.jpg

This is the side view from my desk. I have a pretty good view while I'm checking the scanning the AH.

IMG_3202-1.jpg

I just installed a tunze wavebox last night. That thing is way cool. I'll have to take a few videos of my torch waving back and forth.

Greg

Great job with the aquascaping! It's always nice to see crevices and valleys rather than the standard rock wall... which is so much easier to do! Your base rock looks really nice, too! We though about getting some base rock for the 240, but now that we have Bobby's rock, no need!

The stand looks very sweet! Give your buddy a pat on the back!

Oh yeah... I moved your thread over to the member tanks area. Keep us posted on your progress! (clap)

I love it. Here is a video showing the water movement at the top. I'm uploading another one that shows my torch swaying back and forth. It does a really good job of keeping the gunk suspended in the water column so it can be filtered out.

th_MVI_3319.jpg

The big lumenarc reflectors arrived on saturday so I was able to finish the canopy! :) The new 20k xm's look sweet! I still need to replace the center EVC 10k halide to match the new xm's. I was so excited I forgot to take a picture with the canopy doors on. lol oops.

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

Greg

Wow thats a sweet tank there' date=' i love that wave. What wavebox are you using?? The new bulbs look like they give off a perfect mix of blue and white. Great tank![/quote']

I beleive it is the Tunze wave box, and I think tunze is the only company producing a home aquarium wave box...I could be very wrong.

Is it that block box in the corner??

There is a unit called Wave2k also.

Oh, yeah I remember that one now...it seems like alot of work for that one, I would just go with the tunze...it is the box next to the vortech on the right side of the tank.

Once I upgrade to a bigger tank, I will be getting the tunze wave box.

The wavebox is made by Tunze. The pump next to the wavebox is actually a tunze 6100 not a Vortech. I looked at the vortech but they were having drive shaft issues when I purchased the equipment. Overall I'm very happy with the tunze equipment.

Tomorrow my Neptune aquacontroller arrives!!! More toys to play with. :)