Mh Bulbs

pantherguy30

I have no personal experience with the Odyssea fixtures but google "odyssea fire" and you'll find tons of threads how they catch fire. Some say they have fixed it now but do you want to risk it?

I have sold about a dozen lamps to odyssea users. Many of the ebay auctions say "bulb included for free". Then when the package arrives, and the bulb is broken, they say "sorry it was a free gift".

IMO, I wouldnt buy anything Odyssea, I have heard tons of problems with them. People having ballasts go bad in just months etc. Save your money and buy something quality.

thier ballasts are underpowered and dont put out what they say they will. The fire issues have been resolved to the best of my knowledge. A local guy here bought one of the 72" fixtures and upgraded both ballasts with new icecap ones AND switched the bulbs and still saved money over a "name brand" fixture. He took the light apart and had a friend who happened to be an electrician look it over just in case.

For the price they arent bad but you get waht you pay for.