Hard / Soft Corals - $11 or $17

oxx155

Hey Everyone,

Tank is coming along great and I am looking at adding some hard and soft corals for my tank.

I purchase from wholesalers and they have great package deals

$11 each for Softies (Small to Medium pieces, such as 5-15 polyps for zoo's)

$17 each for Hardies (Small to Medium pieces, such as 2-4 branches for acro)

If I see some interest I will post a list of what types are available (most of the time they just ship random packs though, but I am pretty sure if you need a certain piece I can get a deal on that too).

I am placing an order February 7th that will get delivered in Eugene on February 13th.

I can ship to you, but I have not shipped corals before and offer no guaranty. But, I am happy to be available all day on the 13th if you want to come pick up your coral.

They both have pretty extensive lists, so if you have a special request please let me know and I will find out pricing and availability for you.

I will post pics tomorrow of some of the first pieces I have received.

Night

• Like 2

So is this a business? This is the one thing I hate about this trade. People buying from a livestock wholesaler. Leave it to the LFS's or online vendors. I guess thats just the way I feel. Im really more disappointed in the wholesalers than anything.

But if this is a business dont post here, become a sponsor :)

So is this a business? This is the one thing I hate about this trade. People buying from a livestock wholesaler. Leave it to the LFS's or online vendors. I guess thats just the way I feel. Im really more disappointed in the wholesalers than anything.

But if this is a business dont post here, become a sponsor :)

I am sorry if I don't know the "Rules", I have only been a member here a short while.

I have legitimate connections with my wholesalers (and they do perform strict background checks before approving anyone).

I was offering a one time deal for the members of this site, I am sorry that was taken wrong by someone.

I just look at it this way - The fewer hands you have to go through to get a fish or coral the better success you will have at keeping it alive and it thriving. Unfortunately some LFS don't have the correct equipment for some of the livestock they bring in, so if you don't get it quick you usually are getting it sick or dieing.

Just my two cents, take it how you want

Not to mention in Eugene there isn't really many decent stores. Liquid Sunshine is great, but they can't carry everything.

Its hard for some people to drive 4 hours to get to Portland and the great stores, not to mention the cost of gas is similar if not more than shipping. I have 1 day off a week, i can't get to Portland.

Just my take on it.

Do you get pictures of these corals, or is it more of a blind buy?

I don't think R-3 meant to ruffle feathers. He is just stating a board rule that 'if you are a wholesale/dealer and want to sell items then the club ask you to sponsor the site'. (not the actual wording but I think we all understand what I'm getting at)

Makes it fair to all vendors that way. From Upscales thru all the stores down to Critter Cabana.

And so on and so on and so on................

I don't think R-3 meant to ruffle feathers. He is just stating a board rule that 'if you are a wholesale/dealer and want to sell items then the club ask you to sponsor the site'. (not the actual wording but I think we all understand what I'm getting at)

Makes it fair to all vendors that way. From Upscales thru all the stores down to Critter Cabana.

And so on and so on and so on................

Yah i don't think he was either. And i wasn't trying to be argumentative. Just giving my POV is all.

But if its in the rules, then thems the rules!! (laugh)

I have emailed Chief about becoming a sponsor.

It is a blind-buy, I really can't cherry pick unless I am willing to visit them and take it home with me at the time, which will probably never happen (I visited in December, but couldn't carry a box of corals/fish on the plane, and I don't trust checking, LOL).

Anyway, I have my own private business, based on word of mouth, I didn't want to bring it up on here, I just wanted to offer a fun deal and make some people happy.

If I become a sponsor I probably won't have a forum (don't want one) and will only offer these type of deals once or twice a year (if at all).

This is probably the last shipment I will doing for a little while anyway, because I have to focus on my wedding (May 4th).

Later

I just look at it this way - The fewer hands you have to go through to get a fish or coral the better success you will have at keeping it alive and it thriving.

The mother Teresa of fish keeping, sweet! You guys do whatever ya wanna do. Count me out. Bring on the tounge corals and cabbage leathers!!!!! (laugh)

The mother Teresa of fish keeping' date=' sweet! You guys do whatever ya wanna do. Count me out. Bring on the tounge corals and cabbage leathers!!!!! (laugh)[/quote']

Thats cool R-3, I wish you the best of luck with your tank.

Anyway, I have talked to Chief and I will have my sponsorship soon and none of this will be an issue.

I just want to let everyone know though, these prices are from the wholesaler, I am not making a profit, don't want to, just wanted to do a favor for those that don't have a whole lot of money or just want to get some great corals. I do this side business because I like it, I make my living with my family company and I am happy.

I have already had some interest and nobody needs to post in here if they don't want to, you can PM me if you want the deal.

Thanks

If at all possible, send me some pics of the stuff if you have a chance. If you are a sponser, I am down. Supporting the sight and the hobby to the best ability is my only concern.

As for all you other retailers out there, I will support each of you according to how much I like you and your ability to both carry what I like and at decent prices. The health of your lifestock is of upmost importance and if price gets in the way there, I dont mind. Healthy animals with a little higher price is fine by me. There are so many awesome retailers out there and I want to thank you all for your efforts and businesses!

I just think that this post is a nice gesture on Oxx's part and meant no harm to anyone else from what I can see.

p.s. I have a business similar to many of the retailers out there just in a different line of work and I know how you all feel!

Garrett

I just think that this post is a nice gesture on Oxx's part and meant no harm to anyone else from what I can see.

Thank you Garrett, that is what it is.

Unfortunately my camera isn't very good and the pics I tried to take today aren't very clear (guess I need to a heavy duty glass cleaning). I will try to do a good cleaning this weekend and try for more pics, I think you can see from some of my previous pics though that they still won't be great.

I will give this guaranty on this order, if you don't like the piece than you don't have to buy it, I will keep it. I will do that for up to 3 pieces.

I have just become a sponsor (you can check with Chief or JManrow if you need confirmation).

I have bumped up the order date, I am ordering on January 30th for delivery of February 7th.

I just want to make one more comment - I am not trying to take business from any retailers, I purchase often from almost all of them myself (Aqua Serene, Liquid Sunshine, Pet Time, Petco). I am making a friendly one time offer. I appreciate that some people don't like the idea and that is fine, but some people just can't afford great quality corals/fish and why shouldn't they get a deal once a year as kind of a birthday gift? Just my thoughts.

Some people have asked for items outside of just corals (clams, fish, etc.).

If you are looking for another item let me know.

This offer closes Wednesday January 30th by 5:00p.m.

And payment is accepted when you pick up the item (if an item doesn't make the trip than you don't pay for it). I only offer an arrive alive guaranty, what you do to it once you get it home is out of my control and not covered by any guaranty.