10 MORE DAYS

Ron Popeil

What a new episode and no one is talking:eek: Hell we found out a bunch of stuff last night but it is still to complicated for meDOH! I used to enjoy watching it now it is getting way out of hand have to remember all the stuff you have seen before and put it all together(nutty) Kind of wonder how long the show will drag out?

yenna, one would have to assume that while ben has an inside man on the freighter, the freighter folk have someone inside bens group.

i thought this last episode went by so quickly, when LOST showed up on the screen i was shocked. i completely had lost track of time. i like that.

out of all the characters, ben sure gets to eat lots of fist. the poor guy. i look forward to seeing why the new characters were brought in, but i certainly want to see the island invaded by several more freighter people. i cant imagine the black guy seriously thinks a team of 4 or 5 people can take down an entire commune just to get to ben. i do enjoy how ben is able to memorize everything and recite it so desperately. i like they are showing how clever and smart he is, but i want to see more. i want to be exceptionally duped by ben!

i was so excited when ben almost revealed information about the smoke monster. oh, but then to be disappointed.

im beginning to consider the purgatory theory more and more....i dont remember much else at the moment about the episode, except a scenario created by my friend explaining how the helicopter pilot got so beat up climbing a grassy hill after gently landing the helicopter. it involved sticker bushes and well, never mind. you had to be there.

Purgatory? I don't think so.... but if you want your mind blown check these links out:

Warning though - they are very deep and well organized theories, and I actually think that bits and pieces of each have very high possibility of being what's going on with the island. Especially in light of the mention of a "Casimir effect" by a Dharma scientist in the training video for The Orchid.

http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.htm

http://www.lostreview.com/2007/05/another-theory-on-abcs-lost.cfm

Some of the stuff they talk about sounds wrong to me - but a good portion of it makes "sense" :-)

jeff. wow. i just read the first link. incredible. for someone to have put that together in such a coherant way....is astounding. i wouldnt be surprised if its based on some sort of writers leak. it makes sense to me, as complicated as it is, but it definitely appears to connect the dots for me.

i cant wait to see it played out.

as for the second link, ill read that at another time...thanks!

Jordan - you missed a killer episode. Hope the girlfriend time was worth it! ;-)

I hope so too! Hopefully, when he texted me he hadn't forgotten about V-Day and I had just reminded him. DOH!

I just read the timeloop theory. That's intense and strangely logical. But! What about Jack's dad being on the island? He died in real time earth. And, I thought of a few more questions: What about the black horse that Kate saw? Did they experiment the loop theory with the horses as well as polar bears? Whatever/however happened to Locke's dad when Ben made him appear in that room?

Anyway, what an ending! I kind of saw it coming too because I thought it would be the craziest way they could end the episode - which they did! SPOILER alert! highlight the space if you want to see the name more clearly. So does Ben count as the one of the six survivors?

4x03_braclets.jpg

Well' date=' ya, we know that but maybe he took on someone else's name on the manifest. Are you saying that Desmond and Juliette get off the island too...or don't....?[/quote']

well, Desmond was on the helicopter at the end of the last episode, and I'm guessing Juliette gets off too - and will bring down Dharma :)

poor sayid. he had so much going for him...now, it seems like hes like an endentured servant to ben! i love finding out how each of the characters lives change once they get back to the mainland. when that drawer is opened and all the passports are revealed, its easy to see how a picture of ben could surface in the hands of the freighter people. it appears he left the island quite frequently.

im pretty sure i hope juliette dies.

im still trying to figure out the desmond/penny/freighter/mysterious black guy connection.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did you watch any of the first 3 seasons? If not - then I'd suggest starting at the beginning. This isn't a show that can be picked up midstream IMO - there's far too many things on there that will confuse someone trying to jump in at this point in the game.

jeff, im right there with you. desmond usually has the best episodes, and last weeks was probably his best. i felt the tears welling when he finally got in touch with penny after so many years, and to have her still dedicated to him inspite of all the bizarre things hes done to avoid her (or that her father has made it appear hes done to her ie not writing her whilst in prison, etc). they did a great job in this episode with the flashbacks/time jumping. i liked how quickly and unexpectedly they came for desmond, and how he was able to manipulate his past and how scared he was when waking up in the future. that first article i read, thanks jeff, seems to be on to something with how time is/was/will be manipulated by dharma. and i hope we find out this week who the man on the boat is...i am suprised about how the freighter doesnt have...a bigger crew. i was expecting a small army. not so much a hodge podge of dudes in wife beaters.

michael, i dont know what to tell you my friend. you share the same thoughts with joel and countless other people i think, in that for whatever reason the show seems so intimidatingly complex that its not worth even paying attention to. for myself, i like the complexity. i like figuring out the loose ends, and watching the show ravel itself up, even as to most it appears its unraveling. granted its painfully slow. but for me, it only increases the desire to keep following. the only thing i can suggest is just to watch the show simply for the drama, the action and the personalities of the characters (sayid! sawyer! locke!) or the pretty girls (kate! claire! jack!) and disregard the underlying plot. because even without the science fiction, its got great drama and story telling.

Did you watch any of the first 3 seasons? If not - then I'd suggest starting at the beginning. This isn't a show that can be picked up midstream IMO - there's far too many things on there that will confuse someone trying to jump in at this point in the game.

I assume this was directed towards me, (guessing since you didn't quote something),............ I am not confused. I have watched all the shows from the start and I have read other articles about the show. Including the ones posted in this thread earlier on. But what I mean by "it losing me" is I have just gotten to a point where I don't know if I care to continue watching.

Maybe it is as Jordan said ".. about the show being painfully slow.." maybe thats why I am losing interest.

Only time will tell if I continue to follow..............

I assume this was directed towards me, (guessing since you didn't quote something),............ I am not confused. I have watched all the shows from the start and I have read other articles about the show. Including the ones posted in this thread earlier on. But what I mean by "it losing me" is I have just gotten to a point where I don't know if I care to continue watching. Maybe this is as Jordan said ".. about the show being somewhat slow.." maybe thats why I am losing interest.

Only time will tell..............

Yeah it was - since you said you started watching after your wife started recording them.

I'll agree that it was slow - but I think that this season is about as far from slow as you can get! I can see a lot of people dropping after the snoozefest that was the beginning of season 3 - but it really picked up steam towards the end, and has gathered even more momentum in this shortened season.

finally saw the desmond episode....... eeep. I'm surprised they didn't hype this episode more. Question: how come Desmond's future self didn't remember his past self going to find Faraday? Since it is Desmond's past self who is traveling back and forth where does future Desmond exist?

OK question??

Julette was all pissed off at Ben when they were having the book club meeting way back when the plane 'first' crashed and he sent the others to gain information. And then when he shows her Goodwins body 3 weeks later they seemed to still be 'OK' with each other. They don't tell you why there isn't more bad blood between them or what happened in those 3 weeks??

Did I miss something...............?