A Quick Goodbye

Guest Krux

After three great years of working with the group, I need to take some time away from reefing. I want to thank each and every person who has taken the time to make this club and our communities a better place to be.

There are many fond memories of times spent working with folks, setting up new systems, taking down old ones, planning and executing ridiculous plumbing concepts, and carting gigantic tanks down staircases. We had some great events, learned a lot, and had a fun time doing it.

I will probably never forget having near 80 people in my little apartment, almost getting evicted, visiting Steve's house and seeing people walk all around his home carrying plates full of BBQ sauce laden meat, of quick trips to the shops that turned into day long stops when I ran into folks I hadn't seen in years... I also am thankful for the friends that I have made that have grown outside of the hobby, people that I enjoy spending time with and sharing stories with, no matter what the topic... it has truly been great.

Thank you so much to a group that has been understanding and eager, who followed us haphazardly into the unknown, as we grew, experimented, and succeeded. Your inquisitiveness, eagerness to try something new, and wonder for what the hobby can hold for us made every step of the way worth while.

I leave you in the very capable hands of the Board of Directors, and thank Jay (Chief) for stepping up in my absence to keep things going. I know that plans are already in effect to make the transition as smooth and painless as possible, and as it has long been my dream, with new leadership will come new direction, new opportunity, and a future unknown and exciting.

As I took the torch from Fred what seems like only yesterday, it is time to move on, and I hope everyone a wonderful journey.

Thanks to all the great friends I have made along the way.

Take care, all of you. You have made this one of the most rewarding projects I have ever undertaken.

Regards.

Ryan