aquacontroller jr.

Ron Popeil

thanks again nyles for your help. greatly appreciated!

after almost an hour of toiling and blood letting, i got my probe installed into my calcium reactor. ill hook the solenoid up to the controller tonight, and fix the temperature flunctuation programs.

the manual doesnt go into any detail about the moonlight programming, it read like i should already know how to do it. ill figure it out though.

thanks again! ill let you all know when the project is complete.

my two questions for this evening are:

when using X10 modules, the two dials are arranged so the numbers are on top, the letters below. so when programing that module into my controller, will i name it A2 or 2A?

and secondly, if my solenoid doesnt click when i plug or unplug it, i assume, its ceasing to function...correct?

my two questions for this evening are:

when using X10 modules, the two dials are arranged so the numbers are on top, the letters below. so when programing that module into my controller, will i name it A2 or 2A?

I would try letter first and number second, but if it don't work try the other way, worst thing that can happen is it wont respond.

and secondly, if my solenoid doesnt click when i plug or unplug it, i assume, its ceasing to function...correct?

I would have to "guess" your correct. I can hear my solenoid click on but I cannot hear it click off typically.

OK,,, lets try again...

ACT$-D01

MHL$-D02

LOP#-D03

KAL#-D04

HET%-D05

COL%-D06

OZN#-D07

CO2%-D08

ALM#-D09

If Time > 00:00 Then LOP ON

If Time > 00:00 Then ALM OFF

If Time > 13:00 Then ACT ON

If Time > 23:00 Then ACT OFF

If Time > 15:00 Then MHL ON

If Time > 22:00 Then MHL OFF

If Time > 09:00 Then KAL ON

If Time > 09:10 Then KAL OFF

If Time > 18:00 Then KAL ON

If Time > 18:10 Then KAL OFF

If Time > 12:00 Then KAL ON

If Time > 12:10 Then KAL OFF

If Time > 15:00 Then KAL ON

If Time > 15:10 Then KAL OFF

If Temp < 76.0 Then HET ON

If Temp > 76.5 Then HET OFF

If Temp > 78.0 Then COL ON

If Temp < 77.5 Then COL OFF

If Temp < 50.0 Then HET OFF

If pHA1 > 06.80 Then CO2 ON

If pHA1 < 06.70 Then CO2 OFF

If pHA1 > 07.00 Then ALM ON

If pHA1 < 06.90 Then ALM OFF

If Temp > 82.0 Then ALM ON

If Temp < 75.0 Then ALM ON

If Temp > 82.0 Then MHL OFF

If Power 000 Then ALM ON

If ORP > 400 Then OZN OFF

If ORP < 360 Then OZN ON

If ORP > 520 Then ALM ON

so an update. its been several days since my controller has been left on its own to operate the important functions of my tank system. the first thing i noticed was how stable the temperature in my tank became. precontroller, i used a single 300w heater. my temperature would fluctuate constantly from 75 to 84 degrees nearly every day, and i would see my heater on even when the temperature was hotter than what i had set it for. now i have three heaters, controlled by the ACJR and the only time my temperature fluctuates is when its very cold inside my house. for that stabilization alone i was thrilled with the device. how i have it set is so that when the temp gets too warm, the heaters turn off. if the temp continues to raise, the fans kick on. if it continues to get warmer, the lights turn off. this feature is incredible. it means i dont have to worry about my tank overheating in the summer while im at work or away. its absolutely wonderful.

then i hooked it up to a pH probe inside my calcium reactor. it now keeps my effluent pH of my reactor even more stable than my temperature. which keeps the overall pH of my tank stable as well. again, very impressed and thrilled.

the lights are also doing well with the controllers timer. as i said earlier, having the ability to have the lights turn off if they make the water too hot is a great ability of the controller and saves me much fretting as i did last summer.

so i am extremely pleased with the controller. i would like to see them have some macintosh software soon, so i can use the expensive serial port i purchased it with, but...oh well for now.

thanks everyone for your help and i strongly recommend getting one of these!

I'll bet the AquaNotes software would work just fine on a Mac running in Parallels. You 'd also need a RS-232 to USB adapter though... Might just be cheaper to sell the Junior and upgrade to a AC3, where you get all that functionality via the internal webserver. Plus, the AC3 has a bunch more switched inputs (for water-on-floor, ATO, etc sensors).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have since upgraded to the Aquacontroller III....and am now far more satisfied.

the ac jr was great, but what it came down to was how much i had invested in my livestock only to have some minor problem kill everything off while i was away. i no longer have that dread of a vacation or being at work and not knowing what my tank is going through. i can see my water parameters from any computer in the world, and better yet, get a text message any time theres an emergency.

get one.

I just got my AC JR :D

I am lost on how to set up the DHC DOH!... Would really like some help... (scary).. Any info on how to do my lights, heater, CA reactor and fans and the rest...would be appreciated!

I really don't have a clue so any assistance would be great...help!...lol

I am progressing pretty well on my programming. Within the next week (still need a ph probe) I think I will have it down. If by that time you need help, you can call me and we can go over it together if you are not in that big a hurry. A hint -> means that you can navigate more. And the outlet (a1, a8, etc) are not always next to each other in the program. If you mess up you can go to init and mess up again. It is a circular program and you can always get out of it. It just takes long time.

Good Luck