CNC Live sale rules 11/19/20

Jorge

Live Sale Rules: please read the entire post!

We will show you a coral and give a description. Each piece has its own number and, in general, we have multiples of each coral unless we specify otherwise. In order to claim/buy a coral you must say “Sold” along with the number of the coral that we give you. For example: Sold 37 will claim a piece of that number coral for you to purchase. We will list back the winners for each piece in the order we receive them on our screen. Important note: your screen will always show that you were first, but we will have to go by the list that shows up on our screen. We do our best to be fair and give the pieces to whoever shows up for us first. If we say you won that piece it will be invoiced for your winnings. Local pickup will be available starting tomorrow (Sunday, September 20th). Shipping is available and costs $20 to anywhere in Oregon and Washington, and $49 anywhere else in the continental United States. At the end of the sale please send an email to austin@cuttlefishandcorals.com to confirm winnings and to tell me your screen name on youtube. In your email please send your name, phone number, screen name and corals I have said you have won! Please also let me know if you will be picking up locally or if I will be shipping to you. If I am shipping, please send your address. Thanks everyone and we hope you have fun. We enjoy putting these on and want you to get some incredible deals. We hope for a great sale and if you have any questions during the sale, we will be available to answer as many as possible. Happy shopping!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, the sale was fun, great idea for quarantine!

Just FYI, the way Google handles livestreams through youtube they aren't all sync'd directly to the streamer.. so it's 'live' in a sense that it's streamed to the watcher, but not actually live in synchronized timing with other watchers and/or streamer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2020 at 11:13 PM, bler said:

Yeah, the sale was fun, great idea for quarantine!

Just FYI, the way Google handles livestreams through youtube they aren't all sync'd directly to the streamer.. so it's 'live' in a sense that it's streamed to the watcher, but not actually live in synchronized timing with other watchers and/or streamer.

Would there be a better option so the live sale is more live? 
I still have fun and it saves me money not being close to getting a winning bid in!😀

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Would there be a better option so the live sale is more live? 
I still have fun and it saves me money not being close to getting a winning bid in!😀

I'm wondering the same thing.  I see 10 people bid before I even hear the number.

10 minutes ago, CuttleFishandCoral said:

I guess kai figured out a way to let people see what we see. Its always a work in progress. We have to go by what we see.

Jorge was working so hard last time. Almost need to have three people typing. 

Yeah it's a really hard thing to do, I've been trying to play music with friends virtually that live far away and I really have not found a good solution that's even remotely easy to setup.

You might look into a chat only (or some sort of dual) option, I think the lag is mostly trying to sync video which must be tied to the chat. But sadly that looses a lot of the experience..

I'll be gone for a week but when I get back I'll see if I can research some options too 😁

On 9/25/2020 at 7:36 PM, CuttleFishandCoral said:

I guess kai figured out a way to let people see what we see. Its always a work in progress. We have to go by what we see.

I’ll come down for the next live sale and help type in names :).  @Manini and I would be happy to make a trip down to see you guys!  

On 9/25/2020 at 7:51 PM, bler said:

Yeah it's a really hard thing to do, I've been trying to play music with friends virtually that live far away and I really have not found a good solution that's even remotely easy to setup.

You might look into a chat only (or some sort of dual) option, I think the lag is mostly trying to sync video which must be tied to the chat. But sadly that looses a lot of the experience..

I'll be gone for a week but when I get back I'll see if I can research some options too 😁

I wonder if Zoom or another conferencing tool would work?  Just couldn’t exceed 300 people (has a live sale hit that mark yet?) Could lock the meeting to show only your video feed and the chat is in real-time.  It can also be recorded for repost to YouTube later... the chat history might be an issue though I’d have to research that a bit.  People can be sent invites via email or FB post for security.  Just some thoughts... 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 7:36 PM, CuttleFishandCoral said:

These guys are working their butts off during a live sale!  It is an amazing production to watch in person.  You would never guess how much is really going on behind the scenes.  Here is a pic I snapped during the last sale.  Although it looks intense (and it is), don't let the picture fool you--they are having a blast.  Austin is on the left keeping track of who won what and for how much, Kai is doing the video/tech stuff, Jorge is in the middle (hidden behind some of the equipment) doing the chat, and you all know Jeff, the executive producer and leading role.  Oh, and I'm holding a beer and turning the lights on and off when Kai tells me to--super important stuff.  Love these guys!

Live sale.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gil&Fin said:

These guys are working their butts off during a live sale!  It is an amazing production to watch in person.  You would never guess how much is really going on behind the scenes.  Here is a pic I snapped during the last sale.  Although it looks intense (and it is), don't let the picture fool you--they are having a blast.  Austin is on the left keeping track of who won what and for how much, Kai is doing the video/tech stuff, Jorge is in the middle (hidden behind some of the equipment) doing the chat, and you all know Jeff, the executive producer and leading role.  Oh, and I'm holding a beer and turning the lights on and off when Kai tells me to--super important stuff.  Love these guys!

Live sale.jpg

Such a great picture!!!  I love that Austin looks like Jeff just dropped a beer in the tank.  :) 

@Jorge Please don't tell me I have to wait until 11/19/20 for the next live sale! 

• Haha 2