Automated or Robot Glass Cleaner ?

obrien.david.j

1 hour ago, TheClark said:

I have the ocean swipe, unfortunately its been a fail.  They have tried hard to get it working.

Tracks come loose over time. Has a hard time around corners Lots of software bugs.

To this day though, they are still good at trying to help.

Oh good, I was seriously eyeing this option.   Would you mind sharing details of the tank config you've got?

(Glass thickness, Length/Width/Height of tank, trying to go around One/Two/or three corners?)

24 minutes ago, TheClark said:

I also had robosnail, but it kept falling off the tank...

DRAT.   Did you have the the original RVS1A (up to 0.4" glass) or the newer RVS1A.5 (up to 0.5" glass)?

40 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

Oh good, I was seriously eyeing this option.   Would you mind sharing details of the tank config you've got?

(Glass thickness, Length/Width/Height of tank, trying to go around One/Two/or three corners?)

DRAT.   Did you have the the original RVS1A (up to 0.4" glass) or the newer RVS1A.5 (up to 0.5" glass)?

I think Ocean Swipe is the best concept by far, enough where I invested.  Never had it work for more than a week though sadly.

3 side cleaning on 4x4x2 cube with 1/4" Plexi

Pretty old robosnail, new ones might be better.

3 minutes ago, TheClark said:

I think Ocean Swipe is the best concept by far, enough where I invested.  Never had it work for more than a week though sadly.

3 side cleaning on 4x4x2 cube with 1/4" Plexi

Pretty old robosnail, new ones might be better.

How long have you had the Ocean Swipe, how active are they in trying to fix it.  (eg:  1yr...  and they give you Weekly updates, or three software update in that time or ...)

• 1 month later...

Anyone an early backer for MOAI?   Their August update pointed to ship around October, their October 30th update says they're switching cameras.   Curious if anyone has received a unit from the first camera selection.

by MOAI
Aug 19, 2020 • 12:15AM
  • Sorry for the delayed update. We optimized electronic design by using new low power consumption camera SoC to reduce heat buildup in MOAI, we modified embedded software and mobile app to make it work with the new hardware platform.
  • Judging from our current manufacturing progress and the amount of assembly work that needs to be done, we estimate we will be able to start sending out first batch product to Kickstarter backers around October, Indiegogo shipping will start in the third batch.

by MOAI
Oct 30, 2020 • 10:43PM
  • We are focused on the electronic production recently. There is a serious shortage of HiSilicon chips due to the trade war, we sourced alternative camera SoC for MOAI production. We made a few sample boards for testing.
  • The change does not affect camera performance, we will spend extra time on embedded software for video streaming. Please understand this supply chain challenge is unpredictable. We are still working hard to get MOAI on your aquarium.