Caught the bug again

jsawyers33

Hello, I am new to the forum. I am down here here in the Salem area.  I have been out of the hobby for about eight years.  I am amazed at the improvements in technology for the reef tank.  I have had a 90 gallon mixed reef a very long time ago and a couple nano tanks as well.  We used to move quite often and the stress of moving tanks put me off the hobby for awhile.  Now years later we are settled in for the long haul and after spending countless ours in my home office it dawned on me that it would be awesome to have a reef tank to look at and enjoy while sitting at my desk for endless hours.  I bit the bullet and ordered a custom tank and equipment from Jeff at Cuttlefish and Coral a few months ago and I am super exited to get it up and running.  I am hoping to have the time to do a build thread at some point and (fingers crossed) I remember to be patient.  I have been reading post for awhile and have gotten some great ideas about mixing stations and general equipment.  I am really looking forward to being back in the hobby and having a local forum to bounce ideas off or ask for help with potential problems.

Thanks, Jason

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a nice set up ! Go big or go home and you’re in good hands at Cuttlefish. As far as lights you should also consider Reefi. I put one on the kids tank and was super easy to set up but more importantly you have local support if something goes out. I am not very handy and have had leds go out on me and no clue how to fix them. You also get a discount. 

Edited by Emerald525