Multi Branched RR Jaw Dropper

reefnjunkie

3 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

I mean no offense, but I simply don't understand the appeal or justification for pricing any coral like this.  What exactly is so special about it?  I have several corals in my tank which look similar, but paid $20 each.

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 10.08.01 PM.png

Was gonna say I just picked up a similar frag for $40 😂

No offense taken @SuncrestReef I don’t bother trying to understand, I simply accept it is what it is and people pay what they do. 

I’m a collector of over priced pieces, there is quite a few other people (crazy like me) that buy/collect them too- not so much in the Oregon market tho

This piece will take a special kind of crazy, I may be the only local like that and I’m ok with that 🤣

• Like 2

The market is so tiny for coral like that lol. I don't think anyone local will spend that much on a 1" frag that looks similar to many of our $20-40 frags. 

Looks like you have a buyer. I think pieces like these are for ebay and vendors. 

57 minutes ago, Matteo said:

The market is so tiny for coral like that lol. I don't think anyone local will spend that much on a 1" frag that looks similar to many of our $20-40 frags. 

Looks like you have a buyer. I think pieces like these are for ebay and vendors. 

eBay is where you’ll be scammed IMO- small group of scrupulous buyers 

The market is tiny in Portland, maybe a tiny handful of collectors this wouldn’t have lasted 30 minutes on R2R -IME

FWIW, it’s over an inch :drinking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Brad - do you have a larger colony of that which shows the full coloration?  Just curious since some of the pics online of the small colonies look pretty impressive.  Not that I would ever be in position to buy it - just like learning about some of these high dollar pieces 😀

This acro grow super slow and nothing available from new import of wild or mariculture

Only available from tank raise / aquaculture 

Why so expensive? Basically supply and demand on this piece, many buyer only 2-3 sellers in the country.

The asking price consider cheap  and will sell quick online,

Good job Brad growing it to that multi branch frag.

When these things come up I remind myself there are people who buy jeans that cost as much as my mortgage payment and sincerely consider them to be a good value. 

Its interesting, it seems this is more general than just corals. Human beings can apparently have two very different psychological responses when they find items priced 10 to 100 times above functionally equivalent alternatives. 

Edited by EMeyer