OMFG>> REALLY?

So I had to pull up my BRS orders for an apex work order and I made the mistake of adding up everything I have spent over the last 3 years.  WOW.. Don't ever do that.  Does anyone else seriously cringe when they see these numbers?  I mean, I have a huge system.. but wow! this is only hardware! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

So I had to pull up my BRS orders for an apex work order and I made the mistake of adding up everything I have spent over the last 3 years.  WOW.. Don't ever do that.  Does anyone else seriously cringe when they see these numbers?  I mean, I have a huge system.. but wow! this is only hardware! 

What were you thinking!  I have to admit, I try not to think about this but with all the crashes lately, I keep adding up what I had just spent on restocking and get freaked out - and that is even taking full advantage of Holly's $10 sales so nothing like what a lot of you have put in.   I don't even have a lot (by comparison) invested in the automation hardware.  Definitely can give one pause...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

So I had to pull up my BRS orders...

Did you Only add up BRS orders?   Didn't add in plexiglass costs, plumbing fittings, etc...

In prep for remodeling the fish room (and then a future tank size expansion), I seem to have gone on a used equipment buying spree.   Starting in Sept (while still at MACNA), and through February.  Bought a Bunch of equipment - and it's come in handy!

And for the record, No - I'm not adding it up.   

My BRS  total is much more than the emergency surgery my dog needed after swallowing a plastic toy while on a walk, that lodged in his small intestine and required resecting of his intestine. I also thought people were crazy to spend that much on their dog, until it happened to me. Still a bad idea to add up order costs in reefing.