Random stranger

I was out in my driveway today filling a couple of empty Red Sea salt buckets with water from the garden hose to water some of my trees in my yard when a pickup truck drove by and then stopped and backed up, and this random stranger yelled out, "what size reef tank do you have?". It turns out he lives just down the street from me and has been reefing for 20 years and has a Reefer XL 750. We exchanged email addresses and will likely trade frags and I might help him with some Apex issues. I love the reefing community. Small world! 🙂

• Like 20

I'm going to modify, and try this.   Going to take a red sea bucket, strap some contact info on it, and set it out at the foot of my driveway.   I'll post a picture after I do it.    Would be nice to make some closer contacts.

In that same spirit, this past weekend I was reading an older neighborhood newsletter.  And there's an article about an Aquarist in Cedar Mill (my area).

IMG_7184.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I have a sticker on my truck that says Acropora.  Nobody has ever said a word 😞

Maybe you should try an Aiptasia bumper sticker.

Somebody needs to come up with a line of reefing-related demotivational posters.  🤣