What I bought and what I got...

MERKEY

let me start by saying this torch was recieved a little out of what I'm used to and I was a bit stressed when it arrived....memebers here and Rudy helped me calm a bit and the torch eventually opened. 

Now I need a little help with the lights as these do not look like the same torch....at all.

Rudy says he uses radion blues for his pictures and doesn't saturate or use any filters.  

I use radion xr30 g4s on all blues and 0 to 10% whites. 

I can not see the same torch....

Ya I know I'm that 1 guy that complains when I buy a $300 coral....

I have about 25 euphyllia and 15 other torches in my tank that vary from 24k holy grail to plain green with pink tips and all the dragon soul and hell fires and rainbows as well as aussie golds and aussi sweet tooth and a master torch for fun....im a torch addict!!!

I would just like to find out how to get colors close to what I paid for if im using basically the same lights....yes I know the radion g5 blues are not exactly the xr30 g4 pros but they are close enough to get a proper representation of coral colors. 

I'm sorry if I am upsetting anyone and if anyone thinks I am in the wrong.  Please try to look at it from my position. 

20200701_180922.jpg

Screenshot_20200624-184323_Chrome.jpg

How does it compare to your other torches? Does it look like something else?

Honestly, with so many lighting/photography/tank differences, it’s hard to say. Obviously we all want what we pay for but this hobby is a bit unique. Rudy sells amazing corals so I’m surprised it’s much different. This is mainly why I prefer in person buying.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blue Z Reef said:

How does it compare to your other torches? Does it look like something else?

Honestly, with so many lighting/photography/tank differences, it’s hard to say. Obviously we all want what we pay for but this hobby is a bit unique. Rudy sells amazing corals so I’m surprised it’s much different. This is mainly why I prefer in person buying.

Thanks Blue Z, unfortunately you are right that its more about what I paid for vs. what I got. 

I asked Rudy a lot of questions about lights and filters before so I could get a good idea of what I was buying.  I even offered to make the 4 hour drive to his shop to see it but was declined as its only for pickups on Saturdays between a certain time and not a full time shop.  We have made the drive from whidbey Island for cuttlefish and a couple other members here when we swapped/bought corals.  We are in it for the long haul hahah

You hit the nail on the head about buying in person....I just got mesmerized lol

Thanks Rudy will do...please send me the shipping label like you said you would and I will ship it in the same stuff you shipped it in. 

I dont ship corals so is this going to be my fault if it arrives dead to you? 

Edited by MERKEY

Yes, for a full refund and send back at my cost the product has to arrive alive for a full refund.

See if you can find any seller in USA that will send you shipping label to return the coral.

Regarding a visit to my shop, this is what I wrote to you on the pm:

"I have a shop but not for public retail.

I set up only for online business and I don't have store front business insurance

If you order online you can pick up on Saturday 10am -11:30am then you can come in to shop

Right now due to covid19 we are not allowing visitor

I get you the picture tomorrow. Picture on the forum is under blue radion"

4 minutes ago, Bevo5 said:

Wait - just for closure. Was that not at all the item you bought, or is it just different than the pictures? 

No it was 100% different...i mean it was a torch but not the one I paid for so just different than pictures.  I was offered a refund if I shipped the coral back....im not a vendor and can't guarantee it will arrive back alive....Rudy said if it was dead he wouldn't refund.  After I said I doubted him he said he doubted me.... I won't go into details but I won't be doing buisness with Rudy again and I would advise looking at what you get from him in person before you buy it. 

Edited by MERKEY

Sorry again this has to come this way, I tried to offer to solve the issue.

All went wrong since the get go when Daniel reported coral dead or dying and arrived at 62 degree temp. When I mentioned about this to him on the pm he said he added his tank water that is why temp went up. It certainly didn't show any of this on 3 threads he started.            Not sure what is his intention with all these repeated posts.

The at the later part of conversation on pm Daniel question how can he trust me, I can say shipment no good to just not refund him. I replied the same that I can ask him how can I trust that picture is torch from my shipment, I can be doubtful also.

Since he likes to incite the mass to solve his problem, I dont have anything to hide about what is going on. The following is complete copy of my pm with him

Screenshot_20200701-220715_Chrome.jpg