10” Red Carpet Anemone

reefnjunkie

This beauty has been captive kept for about 9 months so the risk for shipping death has passed as well as it not getting established in a closed environment- In other words, the gamble has been taken care of by someone else 😉

I thought it would be a good addition but it just won’t find a place it likes (and I like) but when your tank (my tank) is 90 percent or more Acropora I was delusional thinking it would work

this is a show piece and is hard to get rid of with all the risk involved when initially trying to acquire one but I’m a stick head

I can break out the DSLR if needed/requested I just had this pic on my cell

C3F30633-FF73-4879-933C-E2F0778E345B.jpeg

_MG_5227.jpg

Edited by reefnjunkie
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

I got five on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

745.00 more and you got a deal

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

wow gorgeous

it wants to live in your new tank

1 hour ago, Danik said:

Why is the sand out of focus on first picture?

its not really in the tank, I super imposed the nem into the tank.- Or more believable is it was my phones poor editing software

Are you wanting to purchase my sand?

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Because it's coming for you?  It does make it look sort of strange - like it's suspended.  The power of focal depth in action I guess.

Beautiful specimen!

Probably an editing snafu 

We can set up the installment plan 375 equal payments

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jorge said:

It looks hungry!🍔

Probably was in the first pic that was day 1. Since then it’s had a couple cleaner shrimp I think and a nice sized orange skunk clown-

Noteworthy - don’t force a clown into a carpet nem to host, let it happen naturally 😖

This thing is like fly paper- I may be able to keep it, I’ll know in about 72 hours- trying something new (I super glued its foot to the bottom of the tank :clap::yahoo::rimshot:

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, LadAShark said:

Beautiful, with the trade off being it’s a devourer of worl— err everything potentially. Glws, truly a centerpiece, but would likely need something built around it.

If a fish touched/hit this thing I’m sure it would be over- It amazes me how they seem to know to stay away all the while swimming closer than I’d like to see.

Heres to hoping the super glue works so I can keep it-

Quick people...... the clocks ticking, I may end up not needing to sell it but for now it’s on the block

8 hours ago, reefnjunkie said:

If a fish touched/hit this thing I’m sure it would be over- It amazes me how they seem to know to stay away all the while swimming closer than I’d like to see.

Heres to hoping the super glue works so I can keep it-

Quick people...... the clocks ticking, I may end up not needing to sell it but for now it’s on the block

I’ve heard of some anecdotal experience (that most worked in my experience too) with nems that might just help. Feeding the nem when it’s in a spot you want it to be seems to make most nems (except one suicidal one I’ve had, grrrr) stick to their spot for the most part. I’ve had it work spectacularly well. My rose tip anemone even does this whole stretching display when it’s feeding time.