Sign in to follow this  
AgentRTSmith

Dry Rock and Sand

Hi all, 

I am setting up a new tank in a few months in Hawaii and want to bring my rock and sand with me since you cannot collect any from the wild in Hawaii. 

I need about 75lbs of rock and 50lbs of sand. 

Thanks all! 

I thought it was legal to collect dry rock/sand in hawaii, but the limits only apply when leaving the island.   I could be wrong, but that's what I remember last.

You can collect dry rock and a bucket of wet sand a day. I use to bring back cool looking dry rock back from Hawaii, also sending it in flat rate boxes few years ago. 
there is also a good black market for coral there, lol. 

• Like 1

Illegal reef keeping is even more exciting than the boring legal kind.... :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Illegal reef keeping is even more exciting than the boring legal kind.... default_smile.png
#Truth

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By NateDawg
      Right now petco has 10# bags of aragonite substrate on sale for $4.89 and if you choose the pickup in store option you can use the promo code pickup10 for an extra 10% off making them $4.40. This ends up being only 44 cents per pound, which is the cheapest aquarium grade substrate I've ever found from a store.

• By Mvincent
      So I have roughly 1,200lbs of rock that needs to go. I used to have about 600gal of water in large ponds for coral propagation/fun, a couple years back, and this stuff has just been sitting in water ever since.  I would love to trade it for some cool corals and reef friendly fish/inverts as I plan on getting some fine looking torts, zoas in the future.
      Thanks, in advance!  
      -Michael
      BTW, It's good to be back amongst all of you!  

• By reefrun
      We're wanting to swap out our current sand with some Reef Flakes or Meso Flakes from Tropic Eden.. is there anywhere to get this locally or do we need to buy online? Thanks!
    • By Jcc
      Hello, I am new to the forum and had a question that has most likely been asked before but would like to hear it from people with more experience in the hobby. I was wondering what the viability of using play sand as a substrate for a reef tank or fish only tank would be? Thanks
    • By Gil&Fin
      Making room...  Prices below, or trade for similar value bubble tipped or mini maxi carpet anemones.

Beautiful long tentacle plate coral, 7 inches fully open.  White tipped, buff colored tentacles with striking lime green base (2 pics). $50.

ORA Blue Polyp Montipora Capricornis, about 2 1/2 inches across, on a stick-like rock. $40.

Root beer rock flower anemone with yellow/green center, about 3 inches open. $40.