Jump to content

Recommended Posts

While I was in "time out" from PNWMAS, I made some serious headway on my 600.  The tank is actually all the way full now and flowing with warm water, but here is what it looked like last weekend. 

You know you have a big tank when you dump an entire 60lb bag of salt in the system and it raises the salinity .05. 

So yeah..

Resized_20200607_190835.jpeg

  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that's a very cool way to surround the tank!  Looking forward to seeing pics of what's behind the tank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have front access? I had in wall and I know how important front access is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[language filter], that looks great

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife would love your rock scape... If every rock could be an arch, she'd do it. Looks good man! Digging it. I agree with@SuncrestReef , let's see that backside!

"I like big sumps and I cannot lie"

"Oh, my God... Beckie, look at her sump.. "

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time out..................... :laugh:  who let you out of the corner...................

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you guys mean when you say sump?

  I hate to disapoint, but i dont have the Trigger xlt5900 SE with laser engraving. 

Rubbermaids and schedule 40... that is how real men roll. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey man - we were just doing you a favor so you could focus on the build instead of spending all on here 😁. Love the wall treatment. This tank is going to be epic. I’m down for seeing the Rubbermaid sump!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

While I was in "time out" from PNWMAS, I made some serious headway on my 600.  The tank is actually all the way full now and flowing with warm water, but here is what it looked like last weekend. 

You know you have a big tank when you dump an entire 60lb bag of salt in the system and it raises the salinity .05. 

So yeah..

Resized_20200607_190835.jpeg

Is that top row of boards directly above the tank removable to allow access into the tank?  The one on the top left looks like it's sticking out just a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Is that top row of boards directly above the tank removable to allow access into the tank?  The one on the top left looks like it's sticking out just a bit.

That row is sticking out, it acts as a vallance for the tank so you dont see the water line. There is a 2 foot tall, 8 foot long "door" above the tank to allow access. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know I’m kidding, I didn’t agree with it anyway.

Nice tank, and I like the RNJ Rockwork you emulated, very nice indeed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to convince my man that we should do this!!!  We are building a new house and I really want the tank in the wall like this, but he does not. 😪 

Yours looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

That row is sticking out, it acts as a vallance for the tank so you dont see the water line. There is a 2 foot tall, 8 foot long "door" above the tank to allow access. 

Well it looks like its off since I can see a water line.................. :D good to see you got the over flow figured out.............whats the saying measure once cut twice............. :unsure:

 

Need some fish room pics..............or maybe I just need to stop by and bother you.................

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you have that fish room back there, your wife may never see you! I guess she can peak through an arch or something and get you to come out for a while. I assume you blacked out the sides and back? Looks really rad!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my gosh that looks amazing! You've created my dream tank lol.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Since you have that fish room back there, your wife may never see you! I guess she can peak through an arch or something and get you to come out for a while. I assume you blacked out the sides and back? Looks really rad!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was curious about that as well, if the sides and back was going to be painted or not

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Unbeknownst to me, the contractor I hired to install a new panel apparently knocked my heater off the shelf adjacent to the panels location. OK, no big deal..but the temperature sensor got knocked out of the tank.  Came home wens night and the tank was GREY.  [language filter]?  The water was about 120.  It was literally hot tub temperature. 

 

I lost EVERYTHING.  Acros, montis, torches, euphelia, and my top shelve acans.  EVERYTHING.

 

 

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

 Unbeknownst to me, the contractor I hired to install a new panel apparently knocked my heater off the shelf adjacent to the panels location. OK, no big deal..but the temperature sensor got knocked out of the tank.  Came home wens night and the tank was GREY.  [language filter]?  The water was about 120.  It was literally hot tub temperature. 

 

I lost EVERYTHING.  Acros, montis, torches, euphelia, and my top shelve acans.  EVERYTHING.

 

 

Oh man - sorry to hear that Brian.  Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devastated.  I thought my acans would make it.. they smell like rotting garbage, they are toast.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...