WTB/WTT for Cool Pleco (fresh water I know...)

Matteo

My 75g needs somebody to assist a little in algae. Was wondering if anyone has a cool pleco they do not need?

No commons or sailfins as I do not want a monster. Looking for something like a large clown pleco, albino bristle nose, royal, etc.

Let me know what you got! 

I have coral for trade, and also have a synodontis batensoda (giant upside down catfish) who doesn't really help with algae and isn't my favorite haha, and of course some cash if the right fish!

He looks like this! 

download.jpg.eb727aecfac0ae72fadceaaabadfbe5c.jpg

Your best bet would be to Cruise over to the wet spot and pick up some bristlenose. They usually have decent size albinos. IMO they’re the best algae eaters. Fancies never do much to the algae I’ve found. Royals are awesome though. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 3:51 PM, Higher Thinking said:

I've got bristle nose breeding in my tank. I could give you a few if you wanted. I'm in Scappoose.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That is pretty cool!  Wasn't sure you still had the fresh water tank - I think I still have some plants I got from you a while back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, badxgillen said:

I have a source for some amazing recesive albino gene Ancistrus Placostomus that dont get large and look great. But I might take Andrew up on his home grown bristle nose plecos.

Source please? Higher Thinking's are a little small for my oscar at the moment 

• Haha 1

Ahhh... The Oscar throws a wrench in things per say. Usually they leave the Plecos alone but if the cichlid wants to hound the catfish it may be just as bad as having a larger substitute. I didnt realize you already had a large aggresive cichlid in tank already.

That being said, I have a few medium sized Ancistrus that might work if you have aquarium coverage, but nothing large per say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badxgillen said:

Ahhh... The Oscar throws a wrench in things per say. Usually they leave the Plecos alone but if the cichlid wants to hound the catfish it may be just as bad as having a larger substitute. I didnt realize you already had a large aggresive cichlid in tank already.

That being said, I have a few medium sized Ancistrus that might work if you have aquarium coverage, but nothing large per say.

Well he is a big WUSS. Never bothered my catfish, I simply traded the catfish in actually for a large redtail shark. Love the dude! But my oscar has 7 filamentosa barbs and actually was rescued from a tank that had angel fish and even corys. Never went after them. 

So honestly, really good chance a small bristlenose would be fine but I would feel comfortable with something 3+ in. If my oscar really wanted to he could golf one of the smaller barbs but has 0 interest. He would rather bully the heater in the corner 🙄

If you have some around that size I would love to snag one annnnnnd wait a second......you are in Corvo 😭

Honestly bristlenose are like what $8? Wetspot probably has a larger albino for no more than $15 I would think

• Like 1
  • Haha 1