Been busy the last few weekends prepping for the new tank downstairs. First, I had to relocate the sump and mixing station for the upstairs tank...

20180728_163411.jpg

• Like 3

And then open the wall up, re-route a few electrical lines, brace the joists, as it's a load bearing wall, cut the studs, add a header and after cleaning up the giant mess, we are here...

20200518_084715.jpg

20200518_084725.jpg

• Like 1

I combined my main display and frag systems into a single sump, and had to deal with a frag tank that split, so it's been slow getting to this point, but I'm just about ready to slide the tank into place. The plumbing is already in place, so will just need to add the final connections after moving the tank. Then comes the closed loop and cabinetry work. 

Dang, you have had a busy weekend! Everything looks tidy and compact, nice job on the organization downstairs.

what size display is going in there?

2 hours ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Dang, you have had a busy weekend! Everything looks tidy and compact, nice job on the organization downstairs.

what size display is going in there?

That was the old setup. It worked well, but was right where the 270g tank was going through the wall. 

The heart of my fishroom is still a bit of a mess, but coming along...

20200518_165321.jpg

20200518_165331.jpg

• Like 2

And the tank is in place. Still need to level it and do 100 other things before it gets wet, but it's getting there. 

20200520_134716.jpg

• Like 5

That looks great.  Is the plan to have it straddle the wall long term?  (half into the room, half out of the room)

35 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

That looks great.  Is the plan to have it straddle the wall long term?  (half into the room, half out of the room)

Yep. It will stick out 12".  Cant have it out much further without intruding on the walkway and cant put it all the way back (even if I wanted to) without blocking access to the fish/storage room. The tank is 6' x 3' x 2'.  I will be building a canopy for the front to close it in on that side.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jtarmitage said:

Yep. It will stick out 12".  Cant have it out much further without intruding on the walkway and cant put it all the way back (even if I wanted to) without blocking access to the fish/storage room. The tank is 6' x 3' x 2'.  I will be building a canopy for the front to close it in on that side.

I contemplated the same configuration.   Take my 4'x2'x'2' tank, and make it 4x4x2, but still only sticking out 2'.   Put that project on hold, and instead remodeled the fish room to add frag tanks.   Given the new sump/plumbing locations, new tank can no longer poke back into the fish room equip room.