phosphate rx or brightwell phosphate-e

Mix reef

im tired of gfo and the expense. I've heard good things about these products if used properly with caition. meleve's reef has used this for years.  This is my idea for a safer method of lowering my phosphates any input would be greatly appreciated.

So i can open and close an arrangement of valves on the tank and isolate the maim tank and actually cycle the sump over and over within itself i could treat the sump with phosphate rx   and skim it out with out the main tank being affected. this would only treat 27 gal but i could do full streangth untill the water is clear again and repeat till no4 level is achieved with less harm to the fish. 

• Like 1

I'm personally a big fan of Melevsreef [emoji16] and yes if he notices his phosphates going up he just doses Phosphate RX and calls it a day, I've heard of others on his Facebook page doing the same with success so yeah it works [emoji106]

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Do any of u slow drip into skimmer. or cut your dosage from what the bottles recommend. my phosphates are close to 2ppm. According to phosphate e.   1ml lowers 1ppm for 4 gal. i have about 120 gal after rock and sand. so i should dose 29ml. but i heard if its to concentrated fish start gasping for air ! im trying to raise nitrate and lower phosphate does anybody know if this phosphate remover lowers nitrate or any other parameters

Edited by Mix reef

On my RSM 650 I dose about 20ml once a week, sometimes less, sometimes  more. I feed heavily and like to keep my phosphate below .10. As far nitrate, phosphate-e has no effect on the nitrate level in my tank.

Edited by ibondy
  • Thanks 1