Ro/di help

bigfish

So I purchased a typhoon 3 from air water ice and got it all setup. It works great but I cannot get it to stop leaking from the faucet adapter. It screws on fine but shoots water all over the place. I used the gasket they provided and tried plumbers tape  but I can’t figure it out. Any suggestions? 

CDA11F91-809F-433C-AF72-02785F1F4F4E.jpeg

BC6D3309-D95E-4E9B-B7AD-5B65EDD7CD5A.jpeg

F1F54F9C-58B1-4CB6-BC8A-D3072D82ABD8.jpeg

Well, plumbers tape isn't a sealant, it just helps seat the threads. If it's leaking, it's likely because the washer inside the adapter isn't seating properly or isn't thick enough. Sometimes you can double up the washer for threads that aren't long enough to compress the existing washer.. that's where id start.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Micah said:

Can you crank it down with a pipe wrench or something?  

That would be my next thought as well. You may even want to possibly take a little sand paper and lightly sand the bottom edge of the faucet to ensure there are no burrs pushing unevenly against the seal. 

I would tighten it down and if still leaking try tightening a little more. Use discretion, if you go to tight you could strip the threads or worse break the faucet. Very easy to over tighten with a wrench.  I would also remove all the teflon tape first and re wrap it before you try again. Make sure you wrap the correct direction so it doesn’t ball up as you tighten it. 

Edited by Oregonic

10 minutes ago, parvo99 said:

Can’t tell if it’s a shadow, or the metal is broken. 

A2413F17-93EB-4EF0-B98B-DA5603346113.jpeg

Ahh. I see it now.  Yeah, now I want to see a pic of it with the washer removed.    I still think doing an inline source valve is a better idea and only costs like... 10 bucks

On 4/8/2020 at 5:57 PM, Micah said:

If nothing else works, the adapters from BRS are pretty sweet. I've used them before and they give you a real water source from under the sink.

Like Micah said, in the future I would suggest something like this. That way you don’t have the ro/di line constantly hanging off your faucet. 

052AF9DC-3595-4CE8-AFB0-20C4BEE7B1C3.jpeg

• Like 1