So this happened ....

Emerald525

So Sirena and I moved 3 weeks ago to a new house just before the Covid shutdown. 

Both of us work in healthcare and are still going to work with some virtual mixed in. My clinic shut down so I have to go to a different clinic to work. 

We woke up to this last Tuesday morning.Â đŸ˜±

378E214F-A6C4-4694-B38E-5CB9C556DA7F.thumb.jpeg.e4adc8c4f18b5239698877322b53bff2.jpegC15416DE-E2CC-430D-A804-2F2DBAFB4BC0.thumb.jpeg.a8b8d8807d3ba633e87a5627cb4a65d3.jpegEA907879-03B4-49EB-8F6A-D8698B655557.thumb.jpeg.5e89992230324ace6478a7dbb8769d38.jpeg2567C605-C8C6-47B5-9897-C8A92D4F25CF.thumb.jpeg.a6d4726b2251603f8dccf3419b682fd9.jpeg

Shout out to @wegotjs. He was coming over o out up a fence for us but I told him priorities changed and he was able to go to Home Depot set up a temporary mailbox and get us a quote for a new one !! :clap:This was greatly appreciated so I could field calls and take care of my patients. 

Hell of a housewarming gift ! The owner of the car had many different “stories” as to how this happen so I took lots of pictures.Â đŸ€š

D37C8101-CD3F-48EF-8CF1-8C6DA9715028.jpeg

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Yikes!  At least they didn't take out anything besides the mailbox.  Looks a bit like a "Driving while Texting" experience to me.  What kind of neighborhood did you move into anyway😁

I think the dude was drunk. It happened overnight. He left the scene. Came back in the afternoon.  The owner said he was sleeping when she came by.  Great area just have a mailbox on the end of the street now. As I walked up the street I realized many owners have reinforced ones.

3 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

As I walked up the street I realized many owners have reinforced ones.

I am guessing it's a sign of the low curbs there but who know for sure.  Maybe some popular bars in the hood?

Excited to see the new place when we are finally able to socialize again.  Maybe you could do a youtube walk through or something in the meantime 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

I am guessing it's a sign of the low curbs there but who know for sure.  Maybe some popular bars in the hood?

Excited to see the new place when we are finally able to socialize again.  Maybe you could do a youtube walk through or something in the meantime 😃

My house is at the bottom of a hill and he was on the wrong side of the street. He was going fast and was clearly intoxicated.  You will see the place soon enough. It is awesome!

12 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

If they could stop tanks in WW II, they should be able to stop a drunk BMW driver.  đŸ€Ł

For the record, they are called Czech hedgehogs:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_hedgehog

That is exactly what I thought they were when I saw your pic.  I'm sure Scott could whip some up for PNWMAS members living in high DUI risk areas @spectra

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, albertareef said:

That is exactly what I thought they were when I saw your pic.  I'm sure Scott could whip some up for PNWMAS members living in high DUI risk areas @spectra

Oh am sure I can...........like I said built one years ago for a guy...........he had issues with the local kids running over his mailbox out in the sticks.............well we sunk it 8 feet down and it worked............ mailbox was fine but the car well.................

• Like 1
  • Haha 2