Covid just got real

xxkenny90xx

I drive a diesel the stations in the Yamhill county area allow to self serve diesel. Now if only there were more stations that had more than one diesel pump.
I may be wrong, but I believe diesel is always exempt from the self service prohibition. I think the law only refers to gasoline.

Also, am I the only one that had the logic of this lost on them? I don't care about pumping my own gas, but how is it more sanitary to have everyone touching the pump instead of just the workers? I didn't actually read the article, but I heard on the radio it's more about not having enough workers. So maybe nothing to do with sanitation Guess we're all screwed either way. Oh well! [emoji2373]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Higher Thinking said:

I may be wrong, but I believe diesel is always exempt from the self service prohibition. I think the law only refers to gasoline.

Also, am I the only one that had the logic of this lost on them? I don't care about pumping my own gas, but how is it more sanitary to have everyone touching the pump instead of just the workers? I didn't actually read the article, but I heard on the radio it's more about not having enough workers. So maybe nothing to do with sanitation Guess we're all screwed either way. Oh well! emoji2373.png

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I agree with you no common sense

The idea is to protect the attendant and in the process possibly infected many

12 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

Also, am I the only one that had the logic of this lost on them? I don't care about pumping my own gas, but how is it more sanitary to have everyone touching the pump instead of just the workers? I didn't actually read the article, but I heard on the radio it's more about not having enough workers. So maybe nothing to do with sanitation Guess we're all screwed either way. Oh well! emoji2373.png

Yeah - this was my thought as well.  It's a bit whack as the station is still supposed to have people maintaining sterilization protocol - in which case, why can't they just pump the gas instead and limit the contact with the equipment?  I think this may have been one of those well intentioned things that just wasn't well thought out under the circumstances.  Not the first time...

• Like 1