Booooooorrrreeed!

Jack-the-reefer

After a day and a half of quarantine, I started looking around for something to tinker with. 
I found this vase in the garage. It’s 9” across, and 3.5” deep. The overflow is some pvc I cut to fit. 
that’s as far as I’ve gotten so far. I need to scrounge for more random parts for the return. 

1DDFA8A1-CA5A-4B2D-B062-61B1D86C5AE7.jpeg

C7E5D51A-5624-4163-AE5F-426E084C8EE8.jpeg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Burningbaal said:

What are you going to put in there? I think this right be really cool as an infinity bowl if you don't have to worry about fish jumping, out this in a dish so the overflow is just over the rim of the vase

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m thinking just a carpet of gsp with sexy shrimp and porcelain crabs. 

Edited by Jack-the-reefer

Love the pico builds.  There was a fun competition thread about that a while back - this would have made a good one.  I like the infinity idea as well but will need to get it carefully leveled and the flow right to make sure you have an even "curtain" of water over the surface for viewing purposes... at least I would guess that would be the case since I've never tried it 😁

• Like 1

I need some advice. 
My plan is to cut something that will sit on the bottom of the bowl. I want something that I can grow the gsp on, but is easy to remove so I can trim to keep it from growing up the sides. 
I just need something that sinks, is easy to cut, and is thin. 
I’m sure someone out there knows exactly what I need. 

2 hours ago, spectra said:

Have any acrylic lying around ?

I may have some pieces of UHMW lying around. Used to use it for protecting the glass on the bottom of the tank.

I Thought about acrylic, but I don’t know if I could cut it into a circle without breaking it. All I have to work with is a table saw. 

Edited by Jack-the-reefer

57 minutes ago, Jack-the-reefer said:

Like a vinyl tile? That could work. 

I meant ceramic so it sinks. Might be tricky to cut in a circle but usually tiles are like $5 each so you could mess a few up in the process without spending a ton.

I saw a thread where someone used some natural stone looking tile on a bare bottom tank and it actually looked pretty good. travertine tiles.

• Like 1