Lighting questions

bamburgb

Right now im running 2 180w LEDs over my 180 gallon reef and am thinking about adding a 3rd (i have one i have always kept as a backup), in addition to that I am also debating on adding T5's but am unsure if it is needed or would be a good idea. I currently have a little of everything in the tank: LPS, SPS, Zoas, Softies and fish. 

I am debating on adding 4- 4' T5's but not sure if thats over kill for additional lighting or if thats a good amount. 

Unless you have alot of sps you can get away with 2 led but 3 would be better. I can get away with 2 foot between them but have to put low light Lps in the gap. My aquarium is 8'x 3'x 2'. I have 4 radion gen 4 pro's and 8 T5 bulbs. I am going to need more led's fairly soon with my tank starting to become Sps dominant to fill in the 2 foot gaps. If I could afford it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gumby said:

Unless you have alot of sps you can get away with 2 led but 3 would be better. I can get away with 2 foot between them but have to put low light Lps in the gap. My aquarium is 8'x 3'x 2'. I have 4 radion gen 4 pro's and 8 T5 bulbs. I am going to need more led's fairly soon with my tank starting to become Sps dominant to fill in the 2 foot gaps. If I could afford it. 

I was gonna be updating my LED's but due to the cost Im just looking at maybe adding my spare in and then adding T5's. Right now i only have a few SPS but am planning on getting more soonish.

• Like 1