I Think I'm Ready To Try An Acropora If Anyone Has Frag Or Two...

TaylorW

So I've never once tried keeping Acropora since I got my first reef tank in 2014, I've kept mostly LPS and a few softies, and easier SPS like Birdsnest and Monti Caps. My tanks have been doing great and my main tank especially has been extremely stable for well over a year now so I think I'm finally ready to give Acros a try [emoji51] I'm hoping to find someone close by (Forest Grove, Hillsboro areas) that has a frag or two I can buy next weekend. Since I've never kept them I'm very open to suggestions as to which one(s) to look for! I can't believe it's taken me this long but I think I'm finally ready [emoji23] I'm pretty booked up this weekend and have a crazy work week coming up but I'm off next Saturday and Sunday so I'll be available to come pick up some new corals! I've recently picked up some great corals and anenomes from Holly (Gil&Fin), Matteo and jadams7 and I'm so happy with how my tank is looking lately I want to keep going. Thanks again by the way to those I just mentioned [emoji4] I've been clearing out a lot of my softies that had began overgrowing my tank to make room for new corals and I still have room!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

So I've never once tried keeping Acropora since I got my first reef tank in 2014, I've kept mostly LPS and a few softies, and easier SPS like Birdsnest and Monti Caps. My tanks have been doing great and my main tank especially has been extremely stable for well over a year now so I think I'm finally ready to give Acros a try [emoji51] I'm hoping to find someone close by (Forest Grove, Hillsboro areas) that has a frag or two I can buy next weekend. Since I've never kept them I'm very open to suggestions as to which one(s) to look for! I can't believe it's taken me this long but I think I'm finally ready [emoji23] I'm pretty booked up this weekend and have a crazy work week coming up but I'm off next Saturday and Sunday so I'll be available to come pick up some new corals! I've recently picked up some great corals and anenomes from Holly (Gil&Fin), Matteo and jadams7 and I'm so happy with how my tank is looking lately I want to keep going. Thanks again by the way to those I just mentioned [emoji4] I've been clearing out a lot of my softies that had began overgrowing my tank to make room for new corals and I still have room!

More details coming shortly, but we're having a frag swap (amongst other things) for the March meeting at my house on the 28th. That'd be a good time to get some stuff.

FWIW, sounds like you've been ready for several years [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents, I’d try and get a stag of some sort like a blue or purple stag. They are pretty easy going for SPS IMO. Monticaps are easy too.

I’ve personally never been a birds nest fan as you tend to get them growing great but when they have an issue BAM whole thing dies pretty fast. Can be heartbreaking. 

• Like 1

More details coming shortly, but we're having a frag swap (amongst other things) for the March meeting at my house on the 28th. That'd be a good time to get some stuff. 

FWIW, sounds like you've been ready for several years [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oooooh I might have to make sure my schedule is clear for that! I'll be keeping an eye out! And yes I think you're right about likely being ready ages ago lol, I tend to take it very personal if a coral doesn't make it (as I should I suppose and obsess about what I'm doing wrong) so I've been holding off [emoji16] 

Just my 2 cents, I’d try and get a stag of some sort like a blue or purple stag. They are pretty easy going for SPS IMO. Monticaps are easy too.

I’ve personally never been a birds nest fan as you tend to get them growing great but when they have an issue BAM whole thing dies pretty fast. Can be heartbreaking. 
Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely do that

What_The_Frag has kindly messaged about some of his PC Rainbow and Tierra Del Fuego frags which I'm going to pick up after he gets back after next weekend. I really like Red Planet Acros if anyone has a healthy frag [emoji3] see I'm learning [emoji23]

I have a bubble gum / forest fire monti pots digi that I bought from a Jeff a while back is growing like a WEED. For comparison my PC rainbow has grown maybe 1/4in in the last two months, and this has been on an inch and is branching like moose antlers. If you’re in portland Sometime I’d break you a frag for $10. 

• Like 1

I have a bubble gum / forest fire monti pots digi that I bought from a Jeff a while back is growing like a WEED. For comparison my PC rainbow has grown maybe 1/4in in the last two months, and this has been on an inch and is branching like moose antlers. If you’re in portland Sometime I’d break you a frag for $10. 
Absolutely! I'll pm you