How long will kalkwasser in the ATO keep up?

Taylorhardy1

I've started running kalkwasser since I've gotten a few sps In my 120, and everything seems to be starting to take off. I've been shocked at how stable my parameters have been, a consistent 7.9-8.1dkh 450cal, which has been super nice and virtually effortless. But realistically how much demand can kalk keep up with? Can I keep slowly adding frags while I save up the investment for a calcium reactor setup, with an alkatronic, running a peristaltic pump?

I've never used anything except kalkwasser since 2014. I'm always adding frags [emoji16] I don't keep a ton of SPS though (at least at the moment, I've gotten the bug lately though) mostly LPS with a few SPS, my 50 is pretty well stocked with corals and colonies so it's keeping up for me just fine. I add it to my ATO's and everything has been extremely stable with ALK 9, calcium 450 and PH 8.3. I've never had a cyano outbreak since using it either which from what I understand is due to using the kalk, at least that's what I've read? I test weekly though, adjust as necessary. I don't claim to be a pro because I'm not but I can tell you it's worked great for me [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk