Loving This New Clam - Upscales

TheClark

46 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Still kicking!  I have a frag tank with top down viewing.  Shocking the difference top down vs the side view.

I have been meaning to look into this phenomenon - curious if it’s dependent on material (glass, star fire glass, acrylic) that you are viewing through, angle, or some combination. I have used a glass lens top down and still seen good color but that was a high quality mag lens. It can be striking for sure. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm still gun-shy about clams.  I bought a beautiful clam from Upscales in late 2018, but it only survived about 3 weeks in my tank.  Maybe my tank was still too young at that point, but I had been monitoring parameters closely and everything was pretty stable, so I still don't know what went wrong.  I'd love to have another one at some point, but still feel really bad about that loss.

40 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

I'm still gun-shy about clams.  I bought a beautiful clam from Upscales in late 2018, but it only survived about 3 weeks in my tank.  Maybe my tank was still too young at that point, but I had been monitoring parameters closely and everything was pretty stable, so I still don't know what went wrong.  I'd love to have another one at some point, but still feel really bad about that loss.

I hear ya!  Had the same thing happen, twice.  Almost gave up. There are allot of things that can go wrong.  In my particular case, I do believe the trident is a big variable this time, the tank has never done better.  I still expect to see this guy dead any day but so far so good!

Thats insane!  Timeline?

I got it November of last year. I actually almost lost it. It started gaping real bad after about a month. It seemed like a goner. I tossed it directly underneath the light and it came back to life. This is a pic I took on January 22 of this year. So most of the growth has been the last 7 months.

Garf bonsi ain't doing too shabby either [emoji38] fedbd034a48dd3587f1a7cc046c4c4a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Higher Thinking said:

I got it November of last year. I actually almost lost it. It started gaping real bad after about a month. It seemed like a goner. I tossed it directly underneath the light and it came back to life. This is a pic I took on January 22 of this year. So most of the growth has been the last 7 months. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200905/fedbd034a48dd3587f1a7cc046c4c4a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's truly incredible.  Glad you have a HUGE tank...