Jump to content
Taylorhardy1

Quick financial recovery advice?

Recommended Posts

*mods delete if not allowed*

So late last night I was awoken to some noises in my garage, only to find that my 9 month old husky puppy that's figured out how to open doors broke into our garage and got into some antifreeze (less than a pint, but still a poison) Spent all night at the vet, getting various tests, making him throw up, and praying he only consumed a small amount to avoid kidney damage. I just left with a $2400 bill that completely obliterated my checking account, and took a chunk out of savings. The biggest issue is my husky is still at risk, and may need to go back to the vet. After the 1st bill I'm already questioning how I'm gonna feed ourselves, and keep the lights on till my next check comes. Anyone have any advice? Already planning on Uber/Uber eats in the evenings but that will barely cover my food and gas.

I'm also an ASE certified mechanic and can fix your car properly for significantly less than your standard shop rates. If anyone has anyone work they need done let me know and we can work something out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry to hear that Taylor!  I can vouch that Taylor is a solid guy and I would not hesitate to have him help you with anything you need done.  He put new struts on my wifes Lexus for a FRACTION of what it would have cost me at a repair facility.. like 1/3 of what it would have cost.  Taylor, I will put some feelers out on facebook and see if I can't drum up some auto work for you. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I'm sorry to hear that Taylor!  I can vouch that Taylor is a solid guy and I would not hesitate to have him help you with anything you need done.  He put new struts on my wifes Lexus for a FRACTION of what it would have cost me at a repair facility.. like 1/3 of what it would have cost.  Taylor, I will put some feelers out on facebook and see if I can't drum up some auto work for you. 

 

 

I really appreciate it Brian, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow... really sorry to hear that Taylor.  It's bad enough being scared for your pet's health but having the financial blow on top is brutal.

Likewise with the shout out re autoworker.  Taylor has helped me keep my Audi B5 S4s on the road and running great so would definitely recommend if you need work.  I throw whatever I can your way.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My buddy Steve is going to call you... he has a 2006 mini cooper.. mechanic looking for work dream!!

Also.. I spoke to dawn about your dog. If that happens in the future, get the dog sh%$t faced drunk. The alcohol binds to the neuro receptors so the antifreeze does not.

I said what? You give them bottles of beer? No she said, IV everclear. She was a vet tech for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

My buddy Steve is going to call you... he has a 2006 mini cooper.. mechanic looking for work dream!!

Also.. I spoke to dawn about your dog. If that happens in the future, get the dog sh%$t faced drunk. The alcohol binds to the neuro receptors so the antifreeze does not.

I said what? You give them bottles of beer? No she said, IV everclear. She was a vet tech for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
 

The vet actually told me this one too. Actually that was one of the things the vet did after Simba threw up a couple times. Today he seems to be recovering from the hangover of yesterday, and going back to normal behavior thankfully.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is really good to hear Taylor. As an owner of a 9mo old husky mix puppy I could only imagine the terror and heartache you’ve been through the last 24 hrs. Will keep you in mind regarding work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW - I do still need to sort out the aux fan on the S4 so if you want to help out on that would be happy for the extra set of eyes/hands - let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

That is really good to hear Taylor. As an owner of a 9mo old husky mix puppy I could only imagine the terror and heartache you’ve been through the last 24 hrs. Will keep you in mind regarding work.

The biggest piece of advice I can give is always assume your husky is smarter than you. Ours knows how to open his kennel without damaging it, he's figured out how to open doors with round door knobs, and is quite possibly one of the most mischievous animals alive. It's been extremely stressful, but I'm doing what I can to learn from it. Starting with getting him a new kennel he can't escape, and moving all of my automotive fluids and chemicals to the top shelf. 

 

2 minutes ago, albertareef said:

BTW - I do still need to sort out the aux fan on the S4 so if you want to help out on that would be happy for the extra set of eyes/hands - let me know.

I could definitely give you a hand with that one man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Taylorhardy1 said:

I could definitely give you a hand with that one man!

Cool.  Want to get that sorted before the weather warms up and I start overheating again!  Do you still have the same number?  Sent a couple texts recently but not sure you got them.  Fans runs with DC direct but haven't tested the relay or the the possible control unit - S4 seems like some weird mix between the A6 and A4 of the period so hard to get accurate data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Cool.  Want to get that sorted before the weather warms up and I start overheating again!  Do you still have the same number?  Sent a couple texts recently but not sure you got them.  Fans runs with DC direct but haven't tested the relay or the the possible control unit - S4 seems like some weird mix between the A6 and A4 of the period so hard to get accurate data.

I did get a new #, old phone service provider merged with another company and I didn't want to continue their service. I'll pm the new one.

They're exactly that- a mix between the a6 and a4, body electronics are the same a4 vs s4, but the s4 got slightly modified a6 engine electrical. But your next step would be checking for power at the control unit, there's no relay on them. The control unit is located next to the driver side intercooler on the underside of the frame rail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Taylorhardy1 said:

The control unit is located next to the driver side intercooler on the underside of the frame rail. 

This is what I was afraid of 🙁  Will text you back about setting up some time if it works out for you. Thanks man.

Glad to hear the pup is doing better.  Scary stuff for sure.  Our sheltie decided to eat a box of rat poison one night and I had to run all over to find someplace I could buy hydrogen peroxide late at night to get him to purge it.  I will say, one spoonful of the peroxide and he definitely purged!  After that, I could never pry his mouth open again unless there was obvious food involved - quick learner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad your dog is feeling better. I’ve got a couple huskies and there is a point that they do settle down. Mine are 10years old now., escaping has always been my biggest issue. Luckily they’re so darn friendly they get caught pretty quickly.  
8BF430CC-7764-4D43-87B1-7B61B921955A.thumb.jpeg.5c5ff2ea288998673ceda18a6376fd6d.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...