Hello from North Seattle

Trido

Some of you might know me. My name is Duane Oestreich, and my life is all about fish. It has been for a long time. When I'm not taking care of my fish tank(s), I'm fishing for Salmon. I've been keeping fish tanks since the late 80's and switched from Fresh water to a Reef tank in 2005 when I moved back to Washington from  the bay area of California. My hobby has evolved since I set up 120 gallon tank in 2005. I currently have a 210 gallon display, supported with a 150 gallon sump. A separate return pump feeds a 90, 35 and 40 gallon grow tank and a 20 gallon chaeto refugium. There is a 55 gallon chamber in the sump which houses LPS and softies. The rest of the system is primarily SPS, controlled by an extensive Neptune Apex and supplemented with a calcium reactor. I grow coral as a wholesale supplier for several of our local Seattle stores. Here are a few pictures of my tank. The first is from last September before I tore out five large staghorns. The following two are what the display tank currently looks like.

IMG_9946.jpg

IMG_9963.JPG

IMG_9971.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies everyone.  

I think that a 210 display along with 300 gallons of other water is plenty big, and as far as the Apex, I use a lot of BoB switches for turning off pumps and feed modes along with float switches for things like the water barell and R/O bin. Other than that, I only have a few virtual outlets.  There are 30 modules tied into the system. Its big

• Like 1

Not sure how I missed this the first time around but welcome Duane!  That is a beautiful tank and an impressive array of SPS colonies - inspirational to say the least.  Glad you decided to join in and share some info on your system with us.  Hopefully catch you at a meeting one of these days.