Creative ways to hide an ATO reservoir?

Taylorhardy1

So I managed to get everything for my 120 setup pretty nicely, except for my ATO reservoir. My issue is inside my stand the only thing I have space for would be 21"x10"x7.5". Which would be an awesome water volume if I could find something that would work, but without paying for custom it doesn't seem very feasible. I wouldn't be opposed to setting it outside of the stand, as long as I could manage to hide it easily, or have it be nice enough looking to look like a small piece of furniture or something because it will be in the entryway of my house, then height becomes irrelevant but I would need something 28.5lx10w which poses similar difficult. My ATO float switch cables are only about 3' long so it has to be within a few feet of my stand. Anyone have any recommendations? Help me stop looking at this ugly home Depot bucket😂

55 minutes ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Look at post #84

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ato-reservoir-ideas.353349/page-5#post-4390925

find an ottoman or little cabinet at Ross or something and get a 10 gal from Petco.

I like this. I was thinking about something similar but wasn't sure about practicality. I'll have to go look around at Ross tonight.

53 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

What kind of ATO are you using?  Any ability to move the pump to a remote location and run tubing back to the sump?  I use a Neptune ATK and use my 75 gallon RO/DI storage tank in my garage as the ATO reservoir 30 feet away from my tank.

It's just a jbj, apex and much more automation coming soon, but the biggest issue with anywhere of real distance away is I rent so hiding that kind of stuff becomes difficult when I can't run any conduit from the garage.