Tank in garage???

The ReefBox

Does anyone have a tank in their garage and still use their garage as a garage?? Do you still do projects, park cars in, etc??
please share your experiences good or bad 
I have a detach garage but has been turned into a man cave and fish room, as you've seen before. Both rooms are walled off with separate entrances. Cars & toys are no longer parked inside.
As for doing projects, such as woodworking (depending on size of project), it really sucks, as I don't have a lot of room. Last couple weeks, I had to build a stand for my new tank (tank built by@pdxmonkeyboy). It was no fun cutting wood with limited space. Saw dust was not a problem, I attached my shop vac hose to the saw and was all good!

I'd say, wall-in the bay your tank(s) will be in to avoid any exhaust/fumes or saw dust, if you're gonna be doing any projects in the other bays. As handy as you are, it'll be easy-peasy, sleazy. Probably cheaper than a roll-up door, idk. Plus, it'll be warmer once you insulate the bay.

(wish I had a 4-bay garage)

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Blue Z Reef said:

What about an accordion wall?

528C6A96-E6D0-4E9B-B487-87F94170791D.jpeg.b97dc0c8d626de374f0d13e2533bee66.jpeg

anything to help trap and keep the conditioning to a single bay should help mitigate issues. Otherwise you’ll be conditioning the whole garage (exhaust fan, heat/ac, etc).

That’s not bad idea   I plan on exhausting with 8”. Exhaust fan on timer 

My fish room and extra tanks are in "in the garage", but caveats.  It's an extra 1/2 bay, walled off and separated, with dedicated door.  (which I tend to leave open to the garage, except on super cold nights)    Last caveat, we don't park in the garage.  It's storage and project area.   Hasn't seen a car in years.