First time buying from online live sale

Manny Tavan

After two and half year of only buying from LFS I though I would try a live sale and experience what the fuss was all about. I participated in the TCK coral live sale on reef2reef and after winning a couple of $5 acropora frags I was hooked. It did a lot of damage to my wallet but it was fun. Then the waiting started. I selected a ship date that was 2 weeks out. The corals were shipped last night from New York and arrived this morning

i was worried about a few things. Dead corals? Color isn’t representative because of photoshop? Pests?

Anyway I went through my normal process of cleaning the frags, inspecting, dipping, mounting on new frags. Now I’m waiting for corals to open up. 

in the process I did find one vermitid, couple startfish, one bubble algae and possibly something that could have been aiptasia under a plug but I can’t confirm

i was pleasantly surprised about how well things were packed. Corals were Tripp’s bagged and there was a lot of water. Acroporas has polyp extension in the bag and the torches were open.