Share a Weekend Pic

shaywood

2 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

This is my "tank" right now. Saving lots of money on salt and heat right now.

But at least the aquascape is done. That paper backed acrylic is one side of the new tank. 23e69cb2c93dd05e2725ca760bf949e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I like the 2" thick tree core on the left in the photo.  Will that be part of your aquarium build?

• Like 1

I have not heard of it. Where do you get it at? I really like shellac because you can really custom tint it but the whole no resistance to alcohol is a problem:(

So I mostly go to wipe on poly. I used this new "triple thick" water based poly on my new kitchen doors and drawer fronts. One coat, a little sanding and then a little touch up with wipe on.

Shout out to mark for the cabinet hook up!! b849a6efec7c926ae322cad0cccd2541.jpgce723398560fded8717b125551a81f69.jpg

• Like 1

Wow. The edges of that tank look amazing! Someone really hooked you up! Lol

I was waiting till complete to give you a shout out but... your help getting my tank squared away, plugging the bottom, fixing overflow, and rounding the edges was awesome!! Thanks again, turned out great

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nicknjo said:

I was waiting till complete to give you a shout out but... your help getting my tank squared away, plugging the bottom, fixing overflow, and rounding the edges was awesome!! Thanks again, turned out great

It does look great BTW.  Would be curious to see a detail on that overflow reinforcement.  That light is a perfect fit for this tank - love how the MH bulbs sit perfectly over the openings so should reduce the chances of heat/UV damage to the acrylic (don't ask me how I know).

It does look great BTW.  Would be curious to see a detail on that overflow reinforcement.  That light is a perfect fit for this tank - love how the MH bulbs sit perfectly over the openings so should reduce the chances of heat/UV damage to the acrylic (don't ask me how I know).
Brian welded a couple of strips of scrap acrylic on the inside of the empty overflow compartment and then welded in the square plug to those and then welded a full bead top and bottom, then I ran another of weldon 16 around it again when I got home for good measure. It's been leak tested and is solid. Those MH lights were definitely a perfect fit in the openings. I guess I should scrap the idea of putting a lid over them if they are just gonna warp. Thanks for the heads up. Cant wait to get some bulbs in there to see how it looks.